How did you teach your child Spanish???

I took two years in high school and dont know much...Help!"Advice Plz!
My dd is 6yr

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 9:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• My daughter is 5 and we just started with me making lesson plans with the basics- alphabet, colors, numbers etc.. Then when she knows the basics we're going to get a tutor- a neighborhood teenager-$8 to $10/hours for a couple hours a week.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 9:40 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My son was taught in preschool and I can speak basics, so I taught him colors, numbers, etc. He is going into his Freshman year in high school and will be in his 2nd year of Spanish. Dora is a good program to watch. There are also Dora storybooks that are in Spanish and English.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:30 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My little boys LOVE Dora and Diego. Just today my 4 year old surprised me by using a spanish phrase correctly. My oldest has had spanish class since third grade. His school requires it beginning in kindergarten.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Our public schools have dual language classes starting in Kindergarten so, my daughter is learning there.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:45 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My son is 1 1/2 and I have been teaching him all along. I teach him the english and spanish ways to say things. When I was young I was fluent in spanish but after about 7 years old I lost it. I speak a good amount but definitely not fluent. i would suggest going to the book store and getting a basic spanish book. Even if it is a little kid one, it will still do the trick. I have seen at targett they have a small section of spanish children books. I just bought one the other day it was about $8. Start basic and get those words down, and yes Dora and handy manny are helpful also.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:56 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Interactive toys are fun and kids will play the games over and over again. By repetition they will learn to speak and write the language very easily. Usually the toys come with cartridges for different levels of learning.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I looked into this www.early-advantage.com/  I haven't gotten it yet but I'm waiting.

Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:51 AM on Aug. 26, 2010