Not so much a relationship question, but I guess I don't understand guys..

A guy and I had been texting/talking to each other every day for the last few months...up until a few weeks ago. It basically got to where the texts and phonecalls died down (on his part) but he still called every couple of days, and texted here and there. It was never discussed whether he was interested in me more than a friend, but I was under the impression he somewhat was. Aside from that, the fact that conversation on his part died down, I just took it as he wasn't interested (anymore), or there was some other reason, in which it didn't matter. My confusion about the situation is that this past weekend, he and I happened to be at a mutual person's house at the same time. He ended up leaving after a while and then he began to text the friend I came with, asking when we were leaving because he wanted to bring a girl over. Why did it matter if I was there or not? My friend thought it was odd and I did too. Any thoughts?

careph

Asked by careph at 9:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• hes probably not interested

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:30 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• he's looking at you as option for sex.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I assumed he wasn't interested once the conversations died down. And in the beginning of us ever talking, I clarified that I was not ok with casual sex and I didn't do that. I guess I find it odd that it mattered my being around if he brought someone there, having pretty much put off that he's not into me. He even sent me a text this morning, so I just don't know.
    careph

Comment by careph (original poster) at 9:34 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• ok 2 things- 1. he isnt wanting to take this further with you.2.he is a huge coward. he KNEW your friend would tell you what he texted to HER(which is odd), he knew. so instead of saying to you,"hey you are awesome but i dont want to lead you on" he was a huge PUSS! CHICKEN!

let it go, and dont grieve it! this just means there is a great guy a REAL man out there someplace waiting to respect you. cuz this jerk didnt hon...sorry i know it sucks, and wouldnt it be great if they could just be human? good luck to you.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• "so instead of saying to you,"hey you are awesome but i dont want to lead you on" he was a huge PUSS! CHICKEN!"

I totally agree with that. And I would be annoyed because it sounds like you were pretty much over it and had read the signals right, and then he makes it out like he can't bring a girl because you are there. Like maybe he is going to crush you or you would cause drama or something- when it seems like you didn't really care that much about it anyway at that point. Yeah, he's just a total puss, and then still texts you after the whole thing? Men are so immature sometimes.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:02 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i wouldnt use my brain trying to come up with reasons why he did what he did. he is a p.o.s and doesnt deserve any of your time or thoughts wasted on him. just chalk it up as him being a wuss and keep on moving forward
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 1:07 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• See, I read this differently. Maybe he didn't want to shove in your face that he had a girl who isn't you and was trying to avoid the whole thing. You'd already figured out he's not interested, so it shouldn't be a big deal.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• He likes you and wants to keep things open between the two of you as a aback up. He was into you when he was constantly texting you then he found someone else that he likes better or she is giving it up but he didnt want to offend you with the other girl because he wants to keep you on the back burner. He is just keeping his options open, typical man. Play hard to get and I bet you he will come running!
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 2:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2010