plus size mommies i have a question

i was just wondering when you guys started to show. im a size 18 and xl shirts but i want to have a baby bell.. also how do i get my Doctor to stop telling me that i can only gain 15 to 20 pounds yes i know im over weight at a 235 pounds and its been the same weight sense i first saw him a year ago. it just makes me mad and upsets me but other then that im so happy to be pregnant and a plus size..

liljess09

Asked by liljess09 at 9:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I can completely relate!
    I was 225 when I got pregnant, size 18 and 2X shirt. I lost 20 lbs though in the beginning, I just completely lost my appetite. So I actually didnt have my dr nagging me about my weight, but I was still very aware of it. I only gained exactly what I lost throughout the entire pregnancy. So when I went into labor I was the same I was when I got pg. I started really showing around 6 months. I was always big so nobody noticed the difference until then. I also carried small too.
    My friend gained 72lbs total and had a really hard time losing it. She carried very large also. Her skin stretched a lot, you just have to be careful but during pregnancy is not a time to start dieting. Just eat when ur hungry, take a break while eating and then resume if ur still hungry. Dont snack cuz ur bored or emotional.
    Good luck!
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:51 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• ok YOUR weight gain doesnt have much to0 do with how much you show. keep the weight gain healthy and thats the most important thing. (deep breath) I was a 22 when I got preg and I started showing at about...oh 17 weeks, its what you wear , how you wear it...and also how your baby decides to lay. some moms never show much because baby likes to hide9they also dont feel as much movement) but trust me sweetie, lol by the end? you will think"holy crap did i really want this?" as you waddle everywhere and wonder what your feet looked like lol. it will be ok, gain healthy weight, and good luck with your baby! (hugs)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:40 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I started showing around 22 weeks, but when I popped, I popped! I was HUGE with belly, but only gained 14 pounds total (I had a 10 pound weight gain the week before delivering, but that was water and swelling due to pre-eclampsia) Just try to eat more veggies and fruit than you would normally, and try to do some walking- it will be good for later on.
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 9:33 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• how far along are you? I have a friend that is a little bigger and she just started to show and she is due in Oct. I mean the whole preggo weight gain is dif with everyone. I never gain, I lose, and my dr gets mad at me for it....but then I gain it all double fold AFTER the baby is born.
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 9:34 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It will happen, don't worry. I don't remember when I forst started showing but I know by 5 months, it was obvious to people that knew me. And try not to let your doctor get to you. I was a size 18 when I got pregnant, and I gained 40 lbs. It was all baby and water, and I lost it all plus 35 more pounds without hardly trying - just breastfeeding. My doc never hassled me about my weight but it seems like every other doctor out there does this, and I don't know why. Women are all different, and you just don't know what's best. Some women gain lots of weight, some don't. Some lose it all, some carry it forever. Just keep being happy and loving that baby, and it will work out.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 9:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I'm a plus size too. Before I got pregnant I was wearing a 22. I started showing right away because of where my baby is in my uterus. My doctor didn't make a big fuss about my weight but I was sent to a nutritionist because I developed gestiational diabetes right from the start. Because of the calorie restrictions, have not gained 1 pound. However, drink plenty of water and do the fruit and vegtable thing at every meal and you should be fine. Eating small meals and snacks (3 of each per day) might help as well. Who knows, you might even accidentally lose a pound!
    pcosmom2

Answer by pcosmom2 at 11:42 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• sorry im 11 weeks now
    liljess09

Comment by liljess09 (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i haven't really been eating alot ive been drinking ALOT of water witch is making it hard for me to eat full meals and ive been eating alot of fruit even tho im not a big fruit person lol but thanks ladies
    liljess09

Comment by liljess09 (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2010