Want to tell me about your clothes washing machine?

I go thru washers about every 4 years (don't ask)..so the last set I got was a front loader on the high end (buy cheap and replace often is my new motto on the dang washer).

Come to find out, the camp ground top loaders got my clothes so much cleaner than I ever can at home.

What kind of washer do you use and which kind would you buy next time?

surfcitymom

Asked by surfcitymom at 9:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Use a top loader, top of the line 15 years ago. I have a repair man come in every 2 years to lub it up and tighten bolts. I figue a car needs to be serviced so why not my washer and dryer. Usually costs me $60-80 every 2 years. Not bad considering the price of washers and that mine is always running. Family of 6, washer is always spinning.

Here is a great story about my washer. About 3 months after I purchased it, the washer wouldn't work. I called the repair man. Boy was I furious since it was brand new. The repair man called me into the laundry room and held a condom up and said, "Lady, these are not washable and reusable. Shut me right up...lol
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 10:03 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• mine is amana, extra-large capacity, top-loading, and its about 15 years old!! still works like a charm! it costs me $500? when i purchased it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• We've had our washer and drywer since the 90's some time. And there are three people to do laundry for here. They are maytags, if you care for them they will last.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 10:01 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i have the lg ultra capacity 4.8 cubic foot steam washer and the matching dryer. i love it. everything is clean and it holds so much.
    samsbaby78

Answer by samsbaby78 at 10:11 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I have a Maytag Neptune, a front-loader. It's about 7 years old and I'm happy with it.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 10:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I just bought a Whirpool cabrio and steam dryer. I love them!!!! It is a top loader but still is a HE which means you don't get that musty smell that frontloaders can get. I can wash 12 towels and washcloths in one load and dry in under 30 min. king size comforters are no problem.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• The brand is Estate and it is Whirlpool's generic. I paid 250 for it almost 5 years ago. I love it, but when we move out of state I will have to leave it behind. I had a matching dryer that went with it and I paid the same amount for it, but that got left behind when we moved last month.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My mom have a Kenmore that we (her children) brought her back in 1992....and that thing is still kicking!!! and washing better than the newer machines
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 11:04 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• GE Sensor- we love it! You can do 4 different sized loads and it's fast!
    lisafc

Answer by lisafc at 7:36 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I have a washer and dryer that I bought in 1994 when I moved into my house. They are big extra capacity Maytags that I paid a small fortune for. They are 16 years old. That Maytag dude has visited me on one occasion for an issue with my washer's transmission. About six months ago I was drying clothes and the dryer was on but it wasn't spinning...holy crap, I thought... I took the front off the dryer and guess what...there isn't much in there! It was a $30 belt...ran to the corner, picked it up and had it fixed in 20 minutes. They are still going strong, still look new and that is after doing at least two loads a day, everyday, for 16 years.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:00 AM on Aug. 26, 2010