I fell hard today.

I am 25 weeks pregnant and I took my LARGE dog out today. He pulled me too hard in the wrong direction and next think I know I am flying backwards through the air. I land hard on my butt and my back lands on a tree. I scrapped up my arm really bad on the tree too. Since I landed so hard would that of harmed the baby? I called my doctor today, but of course they are closed on Thursdays. I've felt the baby move a little bit but not as much as he normally does. What do yall think?

crystal1480

Asked by crystal1480 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i fell the other day too and when i told m doctor he said as long as i dont fall on my stomach im fine. it kinda seemed dumb because i pretty much did the splits when i fell and slammed my knees into the ground. but shes still kicking like normal. Maybe try going to the ER.... sounds like you hurt yourself kinda bad. and landingon your back isnt ever good... i would go just to make sure. good luck!!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:05 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I fell as my butt when I was about 6 months along and was scared to death. I went to the ER and was fine. They said since I didn't actually fall on my belly, it was ok but still checked me out. Maybe call the hospital and ask for OB and see what they tell you.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 3:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• if i was you since he is moving less i would get it checked out. since your dr is not in i would go to the nearest labor and delivery and have them check it out.. i have miscarried before by falling and i didnt even have as hard of a fall as it sounds like you did. if u gont want to go to l&d your dr should have an on call number...hope this helps
    ajs_autism

Answer by ajs_autism at 3:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• It's probably a good idea to get it checked out, just because you KNOW you're not going to relax until you do. BUt seriously, Baby's probably fine. You didn't land on your stomach. I fell hard on some ice when I was 6 months with my first, and I did land on my stomach. He was fine. I was a little sore for a while, though.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 3:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I fell at 36 weeks, I didn't fall on my belly, but I had some bleeding and was very "jarred" feeling from the fall. I went to the ER and they kept me for 4 hours making sure everything was alright. I was actually having contractions and they got them to stop.

With the baby moving less, I'd go get things checked . If you are having any bleeding or hurting anywhere definitley go.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• When I was pregnant with my son at 6 months I fell really hard on some ice. While he was fine I have never been the same. I jarred the heart shaped bone that leads to your tailbone and it caused my pelvis to start seperating early. I had to have physical therapy for the rest of pregnancy and wear a belly braa to hold baby up and bedrest. I still have backproblems stemming from that and my son is almost 10.
    urthat1chick

Answer by urthat1chick at 12:16 AM on Oct. 10, 2008