Do you think this election has shown you how racist some people are?

This election has shown me that there are a lot of Americans that are racist. It is horrible. All these racists sound like a bunch of idiots.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree, although they try to hide behind some other reason.
    1funkymomma

Answer by 1funkymomma at 3:09 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Or anon answers...
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 3:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I dont believe it shows that people are racist. Maybe they just dont believe that he is competant enough to be President of the USA. But I believe not only is Obama competant, but that he will be President and many people are going to just be afraid of the "unknown". Which is a man, not a white man, of another descent being president.
    jazzyjae

Answer by jazzyjae at 3:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I'm not voting for Obama not because of his color! Its because of his inexperience. And the way this man has came from nowhere to all of the sudden president? Kinda scary to me. Reminds me of a cult the way ppl are faulting after him. JMO. NOW, you take Colin Powell for example I would vote for that man in a flash.. I wish he would run. I would vote for him over McCain any day..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 3:24 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I am voting for Obama. I do not feel that those that have decided to vote for McCain are racist. But... those that are grasping at straws or do not know why they are voting for McCain are usually the ones to say something about Obama's race or his religion.

RenDanielle

Answer by RenDanielle at 3:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Absolutely. I see it in some of my own friends and family. Though they use some lame answer like "Obama scares me". They have no legitimate reasoning, and they also know nothing about him OR McCain. Too bad closed minds don't come with closed mouths. Some people are just plain disgusting.
    Lizzysapisces

Answer by Lizzysapisces at 3:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Do you mean you've noticed only white people being racists? Cause I've notice every black person in my neighborhood, all around the area and in other towns are voting for Obama just because he is black. And these people (i have asked many questions) have no clue to what Obama is hoping to accomplish if he wins. I have asked the question many times, why are you voting for him?, and I get the same answer "I dont know, cause he's a brotha" or "why not". No actual intelligent answers. I myself am not voting for the other guy because I don't want another 4 years Bush influence. And I don't think its a matter of being a racist, its more of an opinion that people take the wrong way.
    Anonymous

• Some of the answers right here are ridiculous too. Compare Colin Powell to Obama? That's so laughable. That's comparing apples and oragnes. Just because two politicians are black does not credit a comparison. That's nothing but a match on skin color. Obama didn't come out of no where, but if you did your homework, you'd know that. He's well known in Chicago, he's a United States Senator and now he's the polular Presidential candidate. Liberal politics are not cult politics. Go open a book.
    Lizzysapisces

Answer by Lizzysapisces at 3:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• He didn't come from nowhere. This is the kind of half assed shit I can't stand. Do your research.

"I'm not voting for Obama not because of his color! Its because of his inexperience. And the way this man has came from nowhere to all of the sudden president? Kinda scary to me. Reminds me of a cult the way ppl are faulting after him."
    RenDanielle

Answer by RenDanielle at 3:32 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Lizzysap, WELL SAID!

RenDanielle

Answer by RenDanielle at 3:33 PM on Oct. 9, 2008