Do you think this election has shown you how racist some people are?

This election has shown me that there are a lot of Americans that are racist. It is horrible. All these racists sound like a bunch of idiots.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• He's a freaking marxist; he'll rape you of every single right you thought you had.

oh and I'm going to take your word for it. look deep inside and admitt your true reasons for not voting for him. and stop judging everybody else.
    Anonymous

• I'm talking about buzz on news programs, people I've talked to IRL, and on online chat boards. I'm not voting for either of them. I'm voting 3rd party, and if my candidate were black/white/covered in rainbow tattoos to cover his lime green skin, I really don't care. I AM going to be judgemental here and say you need to get over the white guilt that white people are supposed to feel. It's ridiculous. I thought we had moved on enough in history to be beyond racism (which I think most people really mean prejudice, when they actually say racism--they are two differen things.). This race for president, and for the reasons I've stated, have proved otherwise. Do you even know what race I am? Am I asian, indian, white, black, or some bi-racial mix? Do you know, or can you tell? Hell, I'm just glad I have a place to vent this. Thanks for the opportunities gals! ;)
    Anonymous

• I agree--my eyes have been opened to racism--I had know idea that pastors like Rev. Wright exist! It's scary what is being said in church!
    Anonymous

• Ugh what an annoying question.

One last time: JUST BECAUSE A PERSON IS NOT VOTING OBAMA THEY ARE NOT A RACIST!!!!!
    Anonymous

• " It's scary what is being said in church! "

yes it is. just ask palin about what's being said in her church. that the attacks on israel are god's punishment to the jeweish people for not turning to christianity. you are right. very scary.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Lastly, i wonder if anyone thinks McCain's statement of "THAT ONE" during the debate had any racial undertones?

I live in Florida and when the older white (racist) people use that term, it is a RACIST term. Shame on McCain for letting himself stoop so low.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 12:32 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I'm sorry to say this but Anon....all I can say is that you will never truly understand becaues you're not black. At least I'm saying how I feel without be anonymous with my postings. Personally, as for myself, I have experienced racism in my lifetime, but not as much as others. If you stood in my grandmothers shoes, who is now 84, then you just might understand why some blacks are voting for Obama just because he's black. If you had to deal with the FBI coming to your house just because you were black...you just might vote for a black man...If you had to watch your kids get spit at and have rocks thrown at them because they integrated the local high school...you just might vote for a black man. Like I said before, I personally am not the one to vote for a Obama just because he's black. I've have endured enough trials and tribulations during my lifetime to do something like that.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 1:04 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Continued...
    You just have to understand what many older blacks and younger blacks have gone through in their lifetime to want to experience a black man in the White House. Are you condemning all those people voting for McCain just so they can have a woman in the White House???

The things that make you go hmmmm.....
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 1:05 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• yes but i think that is racist against whites there some white trash that are racist but most of them dont vote but i heard alot of blacks say they voted for obama cause he is black and dont even know his stands
    almts915

Answer by almts915 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 7, 2008