Sciatic nerve pain?!

Ok ladies... hot bath and heating pad isn't help relieving the pain. Any suggestions?? The doc gave me some pain pills but I don't want to take them unless I have to!!
Thanks
Shawna

Babyclark08

Asked by Babyclark08 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I raise my legs and stretch...try yoga.
    feb.2009babyboy

Answer by feb.2009babyboy at 3:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• just deal. Thats what i do... ;( blows huh?
    Anonymous

• yes it sucks... i also suffer from fibromyalgia so one pain causes me to hurt all over!! =(
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 3:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I have sciatica ALL the time! it sucks but you really do either need to just deal or take the meds. try using a body pillow at night. or just a pillow between you legs at your knees. it does help a little. if your doctor oks it, i would try and go to a masseuse or massage therapist... normally they wont work on you unless they have a dr.s note. try and keep as much pressure off as you can. this wont take the pain away.. it might ease it a little bit but it wont cure it.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:41 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I had sciatic pain for 3 weeks! I stayed home, on the couch, laid up on the heating pad or wearing a heat patch. I finally got so frustrated I contacted an old friend who happens to be a D.O. which is a doctor of osteopathy. Anyhow, he sent me to physical therapy! I am so glad I went. I had been down for weeks and was starting to get depressed. I believe I was about 33 weeks or so and couldn't imagine suffering the remainder of the pregnancy like that. Therapy had me perform some stretches and did some massage. I swear by it and haven't had problems since! I'd say its worth a try!
    trinamolena

Answer by trinamolena at 10:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2008