Is it wrong to feel lonely, scared, and afraid?? I am going for a test tomorrow and my spouse acts like I should have no feelings??

I am going for a test tomorrow and my spouse acts like it is all my fault and has showed me nothing but basically laugh in my face. This is serious.

Ruthie170

Asked by Ruthie170 at 10:35 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Health

• what kind of test? if you don't mind me asking. I'm sorry for they way your husband treated you, have you told him they way he's acting is hurting your feelings?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:37 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i guess if he's not supportive, you kinda are lonely, which would make you scared and afraid. i'm sorry! tell him how you feel and that he needs to consider your feelings..what a jerk he's being!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Men can be such jerks! Is this the way he normally acts? When I told my husband that I had Stage 3 cervical dysplasia, a non-invasive stage of cervical cancer, just after we were married, he asked how much the surgery was going to cost him. We didn't have insurance at the time, and he had pretty much tuned out my explanation of why I needed a surgery.

I have a good friend whose husband basically called her a complainer when she was going through treatment for breast cancer.

Do you have family and friends you can lean on during this? Maybe you could try talking to your DH again when neither of you is upset. I think he needs to know how he made you feel. If you get bad news from this test, he really needs to be supportive of you. {{HUGS}}
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• fuck him do what u gotta do for yourself sometimes the best person to be there for u is you

keep your head up
    good luck
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 10:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Not to take his side but do you think he is acting this way because he too is scared and this is his way of dealing with everything. I am sorry this is coming from him at a stressful time. Hope everything turns out ok.. I agree with the others, talk to him.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yes, men can ignore things that scare them or make them uncomfortable or insecure...they want to look macho and tough. He might not want to face reality.
    Good luck with the test. I hope everything turns out alright!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• He has a problem lately, he thinks that he has a right to a private life, then a week later I tell him that my GYN called and said that I tested positive for High risk HPV. Since then, he has told me that I haven't been tested for that and has laughed in my face when I told him that my feelings have been hurt. My test is to see what is growing in my cervix, and then they will biopsy that. I am trying to protect my kids and myself at the same time. This is confusing to me, I am tired.
    Ruthie170

Comment by Ruthie170 (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Good luck....take your husband with you to your appt and see him laugh then.....I hope they don't find anything....Is it a regular Colposcopy that they will be doing?
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 12:31 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• will it should not matter what kind of test it is.your hubby is just being a dum man.i hope that you will be ok.
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 6:40 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• am srry for the way yr husband is being i wish u luck on the test and hope everything goes well
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 3:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010