Is Avon still selling?

I cannot get a regular job as I watch my grandson at odd hours depending on his mothers shifts. I need to make some real income though. With the economy being so down, I am afraid people aren't buying anything. I am reluctant to get into sales because of this reason. I am not an aggressive sales person which is why I enjoyed Avon on two other occasions. I didn't stay selling due to various reasons. But now, I am wondering if people are still buying. I would really appreciate some honest feedback on this. Are Avon products something you would consider buying? Why or Why Not please? Thank you for your help. :)

JennyBelle

Asked by JennyBelle at 10:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• i just brought some back in may...but i havnt really seen it sellin in about two years...the lady that i brought mines from was at the park where a take my DS 2 play. and she was setting up a picnic table and placing all her products on it...
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 10:51 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yeah it is
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Oh hell yea...you just need to find your customer niche....whether its at the park or have your daughter take it to work with her. My mom buys from a co-workers daughter who does just that.
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 11:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I have been with Avon for 28 years and I also recruit. I make money every month. I can help you decide if this is for you if you message me. This is a good business but it is not for everyone. I love what I do and I think you will to.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:58 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I'm not sure if Avon is doing good...but I know Scentsy is doing GREAT!!!!! We are actually one a few direct sales company that have grown over 300% even through this bad economy. Scentsy really sells itself!!

https://my2scents.scentsy.us
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 10:20 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• The problem with Avon is saleswomen are a dime a dozen. You can find an Avon salesperson everywhere. There's one that lives down the street from me. If you want to direct sales, I'd recommend you sell something where the market isn't as saturated.

I would never buy make-up from a catalogue without seeing it first. The colors in catalogues are never accurate.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:52 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• There are more Avon reps than products.! FInd a qunique business that doesn't have so much competition or need $$ out of the pocket to keep it running..My business is Product free, which also means no sales, its a service that every single American needs, there are no quotas, you get paid LARGE cash up front deposits, not a percentage of something..and we have a SOLID 38 year old reputation...we have an AVERAGE of 60,000 new memberships a month and going into the Billion dollar market...Im giving the business kit away right now! Message me for more info
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 2:06 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/

Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products

Answer by rkoloms at 4:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• In Tulsa Oklahoma?
    Where do you Live?
    So Yeah for me!!!!
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 12:03 PM on Aug. 28, 2010