so 19 weeks and trying to find work through a temp agency

how do i roll this? i dnot know if i can be honest about being pregnant with them or if i need to pretend i am not? i want the absolute best chance. help me?

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 10:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• I wouldn't tell them at least to start out with... if you are asked about it then by all means tell them but otherwise mum is the word :) Most companies assume that they will lose an employee and the money it took to train them after the baby is born. So i would wait
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 11:23 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Guess what....in most states you don't HAVE to tell them and they CAN'T ask......Good Luck....but don't be surprised if you don't have a job to go back to after maternity leave....that unfortunately however against the law it is has happened to me 2 out of 3 pregnancies :-(
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 11:44 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I don't believe you have to say anything about being pregnant. If it is a temp agency the job may not last that long anyhow. If you are hired as temporary they don't have to hold your job once you go on maternity leave though.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:00 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I would think it depends on what you're looking for and the hours you'll be working. If you're going to be working full time 8-5 and your doctor doesn't have Saturday hours, then you'll have to make arrangements to leave for your check-ups. In that case, it would be better to be honest and up front. If you're going to be working part time, you can schedule your appointments around work. Are you looking for short assignments or long assignments. If an assignment lasts a week, no need to tell them. If an assignment is going to last past your due date, you'll need to make arrangements in advance.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• You have no obligation to mention a pregnancy

Answer by rkoloms at 4:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i dont mind long or short just as long as i have the opportunity to make money. i havent made any limits on assignment size yet. I will only be part time though - i am a full time student and the earliest i can work is 3:45 monday through Thursday ( i have a huge gap between for any other appointments =D
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2010