For the moms that would openly admit they look good!

Does it come easy for you? I have a friend or two that have kids that look phenomenal, everyday!!! (sp?)
I just don't know how they do it! Do you have to get up extra early? Are there any products you use to make you look great? I want to know the secrets to your sucess as a busy mom who still manages to look great! How do you do it?!

CABlonde

Asked by CABlonde at 10:43 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• as far as getting up early.. really it depends on who you are.. it doesnt have much to do with what all you want to do.. its really about how much time you take getting ready... i get myself looking pretty nice, and i can get it all done in 15 minutes or i can let it take an hour.. just depends on how much time i wanna spend getting ready.. but im not one of those moms that feels the need to look "put together" every single day... i have my days when i wear sweat pants and a tank top or t shirt as well.. i might just put on foundation when i wake up and not really do anything else.. i have no problem with going out in public with no make up though,, of course i feel nice with my hair fixed and make up done.. but im a mom.. im busy and some days i just wanna not even worry about it:-)
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 10:55 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I think if I got dressed up & did my hair I would. I the majority of my baby weight & havent worked out a day since having my son 12m ago- but I think any woman who leaves the house looking amazing has to put in some effort! It doesnt just happen!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 10:56 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I'm not a 10 by any means... but for 36 I think I look pretty ok. I am a single mom and my son will be 18 in February which makes me feel old, but when I am at a stop light in my convertible and a hottie yells out something totally inappropriate to me.. I can't help but feel disgusted and pretty good about it all at the same time!
    I set my alarm 35 minutes before I have to leave for work. I am so disorganized and I never have my clothes set out or anything. Wish I had more to offer
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 10:58 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I was able to get enough sleep because my kids were all good sleepers and not fussy babies....getting enough sleep makes you look good,I think. Oh, and I lost the baby weight easily because I really didn't gain much while I was pregnant. That helps . I have never wanted to wear much make up and look better with just lipstick and blush. My only issues are with my hair. LOL. I wish I had curly or wavy hair. It is hard to manage. But I have to say I did look pretty good after having three kids and maintained my weight ( 120 pounds at 5 ft 4 inches. )
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• first it starts with self confidence, once you feel good you will start to do the things that you need to do to help you look good. once my kids are in bed for the night, i go in my room and i work out. you dont need to have access to a gym to work out, there are a lot of workouts you can do at home. pm me if you want more info
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 12:47 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I work out 5 times a week; yes I get up early (I get up with my hubby between 5-6am when he gets up for work. I have a Total Gym in my house so I can be done exercising and showering before my DD wakes up at 7am). I get dressed and put on makeup almost every day whether or not I'm going somewhere (b/c I figure my husband doesn't wanna see me in PJ's and bare-faced all the time; I don't like looking at it either!). And It's def about self-confidence - 3xangel said it as well as I could.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 10:44 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i make sure to take care of myself. I admit i don't exercise as much as i should, i do it...just randomly. drink all my water, eat all my fruits and veggies, get enough sleep. I do have a very extensive beauty routine, but because i like it, and i am in a very appearance oriented industry. I don't think you have to do much to look good. take care of yourself, eat right, brush your teeth, use sunscreen, drink water....you will have bright eyes, shiny hair, clear skin...and that looks good!
    joaniedanger

Answer by joaniedanger at 8:26 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I am up at 4 am every day. I work out for one hour & 15 minutes. I then shower, get dressed, do my hair & make up, all before my DD wakes up. To me this is as normal as breathing. It does not feel like an effort at all. I look flawless everyday.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 5:30 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I agree with feelinyummy. I get compliments from my 18 year old DDs' male friends all the time and get checked out every time I go out to the grocery or whatever. I'm 40. I take care of myself,I refuse to go out looking like I just crawled out of my bed. Takes me like 15-20 minutes to get myself together and then I'm out the door. If my DH and I plan a special night,of course I take longer for myself. Sure it takes a bit of efffort,but what,I could be sitting in front of the television instead-? I am proud that I still get the looks and yells,though I am also more than satisfied with my DH.
    phall1069

Answer by phall1069 at 4:17 PM on Sep. 7, 2010