tell me

describe your honey and what makes him so special? my husband left me for another woman and i would like to know what to look for in a man in the future? i would have never guessed in a million years he would have done that. so i guess i am a little naive

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• my husband always tells me that i'm the best thing that has ever happened to him. he wanted to be with me all the time. he told me he loved me right away and soon after we got married. he said that the first time he saw me he got this feeling that he was going to marry me and he hadn't even talked with me yet. he thought i wouldn't think i would like him. we worked at the same place and i instantly had a crush on him. i tried letting him know but he didn't get it. he was not what i wanted being that i had certain standards of what i wanted being that i am mormon and so was he but inactive. so i told him what i wanted and told him i set a secret deadline on which i would wait for him to start doing what i needed. he had no problem with that and he made the choice to change his life around for me. we have no doubt that the lord made us for each other.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i would say make sure that you have the same values and beliefs on what you expect out of each other and marriage. we did that and that is why he had to improve on him being a better mormon member cause i have kids that i want to have a good role model for and my religion is the most important thing in my life. he would have to uphold that and be that strong man to fill in what my kids and myself are lacking. don't settle for anything less and make sure that you can be happy with his family and that your minds think alike. ours are the same which is good and bad. if i forget he forgets but we think and say the same things all the time. also you accept them but not lesson your standards.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• mine is very understanding, loyal and loves to spend time with me. I would say dont compromise. If there are certain things yo want in your relationship stick to them, you usually cant change a man they have to change themself. be up front about issues such as cheating and sexual things. they are important in understanding what may happen in the future.
    marykaysauer

Answer by marykaysauer at 3:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Wow that is a good question.. My dh is special for a lot of reasons.. First of all he is my best friend. He is smart and intelligent. He is handsome. He love kids. He loves to work and pay bills. He makes sure that his wife is satisfied. If we have a disagreement, we talk about it and compromise. He is adventurous. He is faithful. He loves to spend time with his wife. Most important he is trust worthly.
    Anonymous

• 1st off, I'm sorry this has happened 2 u & I wouldn'y say ur naive but that he was just good @ hiding it. As far as ur ?, what makes Stewart so special is that he stepped up & has raised my older 2 children from a previous relationship w/o me ever having said a word. Also, he does it 2 the max every day & has 4 the 8 yrs. we've been together. Yes he's understanding, patient, supportive & all those things, but he's that kind of person naturally so he makes every day special 4 all of us!!!!!
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 4:16 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My husband is 6'5 225lbs, sandy blonde hair, and blue eyes. He has a sweet smile that makes me glow inside. Whenever he sees me, whether he's been at work all day, or if we're just passing in the hall, he stops me and kisses me on the forehead and hugs me. When we first met, I was in a bad relationship, he was my coworker at the video game store I worked at. I was so lonely for a friend that I invited him over to watch a movie. I called my bf to say goodnight and he told me to leave him alone. I cried.... and my now husband hugged me and kissed me on top of the head and said everything was going to be ok.... No matter how bad I feel, he always makes me feel better. When I'm lonely, he'll play with me, chase me around or play a board game with me.

MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My ex was a complete jerk (the type of man who would have left me) and when I met my husband, I saw that he was completely different than my ex. He has never cheated on any girlfriend (not even gf's he had in jr high), he is non-judgemental, smart, hard-working, clean-cut, and very sensitive to offending other people. When we first me, he did have sort of a problem checking out other girls and when I let him know this offended me, he stopped immediately. He considers my feelings and always asks if it's ok with me if he has to stay late for work, hang out with friends, etc. He always wants me with him, whether that's hanging out with co-workers, friends, family etc. He is always honest and open and I never get the feeling he's hiding something. Above all, I think you need to look for men who respect you and want to be with you and don't have weird excuses for not being home or going out without you.
    Anonymous

• my hubby to be is wonderful with me and my kids, he puts up with my mood swings that i have a very hard time dealing with, (im boarderline bi-polar) i have a very bad past lots of abusive relationships and such and he puts up with my panic attacks and about kicking his ass if he touches me in the wrong place while im sleeping i know it hurts him when i flip out as if he were trying to rape me or something but he is very understanding and just holds me until it passes, he suffered through a day at disney after being up all night throwing up just so me and my girls would have a good day, and honestly aside from all that when we touch it seriously is electrifing in a good way lol ive NEVER felt that before, find the one that you smile just thinking their name
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 5:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I am really sorry you are going through this, it must be really difficult. I don't think your naive, you trusted him with your heart and he is awful to do this to you. I think the best way to see a mans worth is to see how he is with his family,work and friends. How he treats others, even those he does not know. Kindness is a huge part of what makes a good man.

JenNAY3

Answer by JenNAY3 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 9, 2008