Half vent/half question: Do you ever feel like EVERYONE around you is pregnant?

We are so happy with the one child that we have and I try really hard not to complain but today is one of those days where I feel like everyone around me is pregnant (or just had a baby) but me! We've lost three babies in the past couple years and I know everything happens for a reason but it's frustrating trying to cope with probably never having a second child while everyone around me announces their 2nd (or greater) pregnancies.

Ok, pity party over. Thanks for those who read and reply.

EwansMommy

Asked by EwansMommy at 10:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I know exactly how you feel! A lot of women I know are getting pregnant. I really want another child but DH and I cant financially support another child right now. It totally sucks and I really wanna cry about it some days. I hope it happens for you soon though! Good luck mama <3
    KrazyKutie

Answer by KrazyKutie at 11:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I'm sorry mama! I hope it happens for you soon! Good Luck!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:56 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I know, and I have felt that way. We've been ttc for over 14 years. After 8 1/2 years we adopted our first child, then four years later we adopted our second child. It was after 10 years of ttc that I started to come to terms with the probability that I may never conceive. I do pretty well these days, but I remember going out in public and coming home depressed because it seemed like every pregnant woman in town crossed my path.

The Mother's Day services at church were the worst. The Mother's Day before our first child was born (when we still didn't know we had a daughter on the way), I felt like I just couldn't sit through one more of those services. I even thought about skipping church, which I never do. Then I remembered that we had agreed to go to the prison to help plan a retreat, and we'd be going to church there. They didn't make a big deal of the day b/c the men were sad to be away from their wives and kids.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:57 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I agree that when you are waiting to conceive EVERYONE you know or walks past you in the store has a growing bump. Lately Ive caught the achy womb syndrome & have come to notice every mama who has the belly bump within a 100 miles radius. Its frustrating- but time will give us what we need to complete our families!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 10:59 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I know exactly how that feels. My daughter is 4 now and there are days that i wish i had more kids.... almost everyday :). I miscarried in may because of a car accident we were in (we were ran off the road by a van and rolled our truck at 75 mph) but I every time i notice someone with a newborn or is pregnant my heart sink. All I can say is keep your head up and what is meant to happen will happen.
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 11:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i hope this doesnt come off wrong but i know what you're going through. my first time i was pregnant i was pregnant with my SO's sister and my SO brothers gf. they then got pregnant with their second and i was so alone feeling because it was not a good time for me and i kept telling myself i do not need to be having children - i should be happy with what i have. oh but i still had the baby fever. I got my second and last surprise in june.... took the test - positive - all jazzed. I would never say never.. I wish you all the luck!
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 11:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• im so sorry i dont know how you feel but i can say at least you have one child and you may have more and i hope you have good luck in the future my prayers are with you the way you feel is okay just dont act hatefull about it! and i am sure your not but its okay to feel that way!
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 11:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I have two friends that are prego now and due in Feb/march. We are trying for our third. Hope it happens for you soon!!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 12:11 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Thanks girls. I'm totally content being just Ewan's mommy. I have no qualms about being the mom of an only child. I just get a little baby fever when I hear about four or five people I know who are pregnant all at once. I'm weird, I know. ;-)
    EwansMommy

Comment by EwansMommy (original poster) at 11:05 PM on Aug. 25, 2010