Ok so I did ask this before....

but I dont think people really understood what i ment. Here is another shot.

Do any mommys out there have any little "tricks" that you have learned along the way, that make being a mommy a little eaiser, or the baby a little happier?
Examply ONLY (i mean dont respond to just this ex)

When my baby gets really uppsett in the car, I turn on the radio on am static. It totally calms her down.

Any of you have little thinks that help you out to share with other moms?

rileymommy

Asked by rileymommy at 11:02 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my ds and my dd where really upset, I found that singing helpd calm them down. I would just make up songs, or talk to them in a sing-song type voice.

They also liked being taken outside. I think a complete change in environment helped to distract them from whateve was making them cry.

My dd LOVED to play with clothes when she was little. I let her. It was not going to hurt anything and it was not a worth a battle. As a result she leaned how to dress herself very early.

I never fought my dd when she wanted to feed herself. If I tryed to fight it, she simply wouldn't eat, so I just started stripping her down to her diaper - to save her clothes - and let her go at it. It was messy, but atleast she was eatting, which prevented her from crying from hunger later.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:08 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• The booty bump....its kind of a cross between rocking and swaying while patting the booty the whole time....
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 11:06 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• well, with my youngest, when she starts getting really fussy, i swaddle her, turn her on her side, and put a blanket on her face (not over her face... on the cheek... that calms me down too. lol.)

gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 11:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Running water. I use to shower and put them in the bassinet in the shower and it put them to sleep right away. The vaccum did that too with one of mine.
    Mamie_85

Answer by Mamie_85 at 11:09 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I pre-cook meals on Saturday. Get a good deal on ground beef and cook up a few pounds, drain, and store in zipper bags or plastic containers so dinners are much faster. . . or make up a few mini meatloafs (or meat balls), cook and freeze so it is just a re-heat during the week. Chicken gets cubed, cooked, or cooked and shredded then frozen and then thaw and then add to favorite weekday meals.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Babywearing with wrap, mei tai, sling or SPOC like a kanga.

Baby Led Solids no purees, no cereal, or compulsory spoon feeding

and

The principles of Elimination Communication for diaper free baby

and

Cosleeping with a sidecarred crib for additional room and ease
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:28 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I sing to my children. I totally cannot sing in key to save my life, but my kids both calm down. And "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" makes both of them smile and giggle.

When my oldest son is really restless and causing trouble all I have to do is mention going outside and he's in a better mood. We go outside and he runs the yard for a while. His mood totally changes around after that.

Both of my kids slept better when they had a blanket over one side of their face. My son and daughter both fall asleep this way.

I always have two toys in the car for car trips. If my kids get restless I whip out the toys and they instantly change moods. And the two toys are loved by both of the kids, so it's easy to please them both.

When my daughter is seemingly beyond comfort and just screaming her head off .. I turn off the lights, lay her against my shoulder, and pat her back. Saying "Shh" in her ear. And she calms right down.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:37 PM on Aug. 25, 2010