picky eat

my daughter really just hardly eats i give her pedisure like least twice week bc of this but anyway she really like peperoni n oodles n noodles i make supper we all sit at table n she will play w her food n want down short after i am a first time mom i mean u cant force a kid to eat i know but i tried here come airplane funny noises n special eating just me n her on living floor n she rather play w her food n mess

natilees-mom

Asked by natilees-mom at 11:03 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I have had this same problem with my daughter.... I don't really force her to eat but she is coaxed into at least trying everything at least once. Because of that... she eats a little variety now. I grew up in a family where if you didn't eat what everyone else was eating than you didnt eat or is was waiting for you if you got hungry later... if my daughter doesn't eat her dinner then it is wrapped up and when she gets hungry later in the evening she eats it.
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 11:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• how old is your daughter? certain ages don't like certain textures and certain ages can't taste alot of things because their taste buds aren't developed yet. maybe try putting some veggies in the oodles of noodles or getting the pureed baby food and mixing it into the broth. As long as she is eating something....she will eat when she is hungry. Also if she likes juice, give her V8 V-FUSION not the V8 Splash but the FUSION it has both fruit and vegetable juice in it and tastes really good. Some do taste differently warm and cold though so that might make a difference. If she is eating pepperoni try some keilbasa or salami. Good luck I know the trials of having a picky eater also
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 11:35 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• my son has his picky eater moments, if he doesnt eat what i cook i just warm him up some mac and cheese or beefaroni (his favs) and thats it. but, keep trying different foods eventually she will start to eat. i recently, started back eating carrots about 3 days ago, the first two days he spit them out, but today he ate it and asked for more.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 12:38 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• my son is very picky and there is very little variety in his diet, however when he goes through a growth spurt he decides he likes new things, then he goes back to his regular choices. I can't even get him to eat gummy vitamens/ fiber and forget the pedisure or kidsessentials drinks..he is just super sensitive to taste and smell and does not eat anything unless it appealing at that moment. Do not make it a huge battle it will just make things worse
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:47 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Pediasure is loaded with sugar and is really empty calories.
    I call this the air-o-tarian phase; they all go through it. First, make sure that she is drinking water, so she doesn't get dehydrated.
    Most important, do not create a monster who only eats nuggets, mac and cheese and hot dogs.
    Just keep offering a variety of healthy foods, and eventually she will start eating.
    Frozen foods are fun to play with, and will get eaten, like peas, blueberries and corn. Chunks of avocado and tofu are loaded with great nutrition, and are fun to squish between little fingers.
    I have never met a toddler who wouldn't eat hummus (lots of calcium, protein, good fats and iron), you can mix it with a mashed egg.
    Offer cut fruits with yogurt dip, fresh veggies with hummus or salad dressing, cooked whole wheat pasta and veggies with marinara or peanut sauce or cheese sauce

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 4:54 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• We use the 3 bite rule. You must try 3 bites of what is on your plate; if you don't like it, you fix yourself peanut butter and honey on whole grain toast with a kiwi or apple. Even my husband is expected to follow the rule.
    If you cave now, you will forever have a picky monster on your hands. I promise that your child will not starve. Parents who cave are part of the reason why one half of American children are be both undernourished and overweight. One third of children born in this century will develop type 2 diabetes.
    Keep offering a variety of healthy foods; stop buying junk foods until the picky phase has passed

• And those fusion drinks are LOADED with pesticides

Answer by rkoloms at 4:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2010