If you could go back to when you were 16, what are the major things you would change or do differently?

I would have stayed in school, even though my parents pretty much told me to drop out. They were/are still both on drugs (literally).. & Drink alot. I have a little brother who is 10 years younger than me that I have pretty much taken care of since he was born (I was 12).. He has been living with me and in my care completely since I got my own place 5 years ago. My parents were always out and wanted me home to help take care of him when I lived there.

& I also would have not started dating, lol. I would have stayed single for as long as humanly possible!!

How about you, what would you do differently, if anything at all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I was too committed to one guy at that age. I would have dumped the bum I spent too much time dating and dated some of the boys I didn't. =)
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I would have forced myself to be a stronger person.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 11:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I would have paid attention in school and actually wanted good grades instead of worrying so much about my social life.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i would of done better in school, maybe played a sport, never dated my ex, never did drugs
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i think i wouldve said "no" and stay a virgin longer!! lmao
    SQ13

Answer by SQ13 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I would've stayed in school as well. My parents didn't want me to get "Homeschooled", but I begged and pleaded with every breath I had. Eventually they gave in and I'm sure as they suspected I dropped out of home school and never turned back. It was a bad choice on my parent and I definately knew better at the time. However, I gave up on myself for many reasons and to this day it's something I wish I had just trusted myself on not to do.

I also would've gotten my license when I was 18. We had to go to Driver's ED at 15 to get our driver's license by 16, and that wasn't possible for me at the time. Due to conflicting schedules. Therefore, I should've gotten it when I was 18. I'm 25 and still don't have it. Now again due to conflicting schedules. In between it was me being a complete chicken basically.

When I was 16 I would've also gotten more involved in sports. I think that would've helped me GREATLY.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• at 16...I would be married to a different person and wouldn't have my 3 beautiful boys
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 11:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I would do it all the same.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 11:17 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I would have got better grades in school and actually cared about my education.
    MuddyHuggies

Answer by MuddyHuggies at 11:20 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I would've taken school more seriously. I got kicked out of school when I was 16. I did go get my GED though.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 11:23 PM on Aug. 25, 2010