Tips for keeping a clean house with 2 toddlers

does anyone have any advice on keeping the house clean with 2 little ones running around.
i clean all day long but at the end of the day i ook around and it is still a mess.. in need of some serious help.

brittanybell

Asked by brittanybell at 11:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• ha, when you figure it out let me know. mine go behind me putting everything i pick up back on the floor,
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:43 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My house is the same. I keep everything above their heads clean. I pick up the floor at least twice a day. My house is clean from top to bottom when everyone is asleep. I need to see everything clean once in a while. :) The joy of toddlers, they are like little tornadoes. LOL

nebraskamamaof2

Answer by nebraskamamaof2 at 11:46 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• You don't. Get used to it. Otherwise you will drive yourself nuts! Not the answer you want to hear but sometimes you have to choose to ignore the things that make you crazy. Trust me unless you're having a fancy dinner party no one is going to care there are toys around or the house is messy.
    Steffy1099

Answer by Steffy1099 at 11:47 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• that is exactly what mine do. my mom and grandmothers said do a room at a time so i tried that but i get one room done move on to the next and when i go back to the first room they have torn it up again.. it is exhausting..
    brittanybell

Comment by brittanybell (original poster) at 11:47 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• wait until they're out of the house, n a about 18 years
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:49 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Get several bins from walmart (cheapest there) and put there toys in these bins. Only get one bin out at a time. Start teaching htem now that they only get one thing out at a time. Yes they are young but you can instill this starting now. Remember to be age appropriate. Designate one area of your house like the living room or wherever as the play area. They cannot drag toys all over they have to stay in that area. Clean up before meals and nap time. IF they are big enough to get it out they are big enough to do "clean up" when its time to clean up sing the clean up song "clean up clean up everybody everywhere, clean up clean up everybody do there share". If you do this everytime.......after awhile they.they will associate cleaning up with the song. Of course it will take time, they are toddlers........with persistance this will work!
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• lol that is what i keep telling my SO he works whie i stay at home with the girls he swears i dont do anything and that the house should be spotless.. I try but the girls have other plans.. lol
    brittanybell

Comment by brittanybell (original poster) at 11:51 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Lower your expectations and enjoy your little ones
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 11:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• yeah, I'm always picking things up. but when my kids make a mess and then want to start a new mess I have them pick up (and I may help) before they get something new out. but yes, my housework is never done!
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 11:55 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• we do that now but a lot of the times my oldest (3) will get in her closet and try on every dress and outfit she can find and take it of and throw it on the floor i go behind her and hang it back up. My 1 year old is in the stage of getting into EVERYTHING she shouldnt i caught her eating a bar of soap my 3 year old gave her and i keep all that shut up in a really high cabinet they are so sneaky,,
    brittanybell

Comment by brittanybell (original poster) at 11:55 PM on Aug. 25, 2010