Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Question about Social Services??? adult content

I posted a question on here a few days ago about signs a child is being sexually abused. Anyways, i talked with my sons doctor (because my son had said that my sister had touched him down there), and now he called me back and is getting social services involved and they want to come out to my house and talk with us. I don't understand because we haven't done anything wrong, but they act like were the bad guy. My question is what should i expect? Will they search my home to see how we live? Will they talk to my son he is only 5. I'm scared because i have been told by another source that they try to find a way and blame yu and take your kids. I was just concerned about a comment my son made and wanted to make sure that i took care of him. I just don't know what to expect now. If you ladies know anything about CPS (Social services) please let me know. I am a nervous wreck. Thanks...

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Kids' Health

Answers (18)
  • I am sorry they will sit down and talk to your son then they will talk to her. they will figure out what happened and move from there.

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:48 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • They need to be involved because of what happen to your son. Just becuase they are coming to your home doesn't mean they think you did anything wrong. They just want to talk to your son. Just stay with your son at all times and make sure you let him know he isn't in trouble what so ever.

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • My sister lives 4 hours away. I mean the way he talked it may have been when she bathed him or something. Anyways, i am just cautious because when he said it he has never said it before and hasnt seen her in a year. He went to see her with my mom last summer.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • I understand how you would be scared and nervous but just take it one day at a time. they'll probably just have someone come in and talk to you and your son, hopefully a PROFESSIONAL who knows how to talk to a kid and specializes in this sort of thing :-/ Just be honest and tell them why you thought you needed to talk to his doctor and why the doctor called them in. Don't make accusations or try to hide anything, they just want to help your child and it seems like you do too otherwise u wouldn't've told the doc... good luck and (((HUGS))) it'll be ok in the end.

    Answer by DreainCO at 11:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • " I don't understand because we haven't done anything wrong, but they act like were the bad guy."

    Your doctor is required to report such things, it has nothing to do with you being the bad guy. They are just looking out for the child.

    Answer by Jessica157 at 11:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • Doesn't sound like a huge deal to me then. They just need to hear it for themselves. When it comes to a child saying they've been touched then they need to investigate.

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:54 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • I guess when i got advice from someone i knew, they had me scared to death. I have no problem with them coming out. The house is upside down , and the person that told me the advice said if its not better, than they would think the kids don't live in a good environment. I mean i have clothes on the floor and such for laundry. I think she as just trying to upset me. Also, my sister has mental problems she is on a lot of meds and because she was abused as a child the doctor said that was a red flag. I don't know. I just want him to be okay. Thanks for the advice ladies.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:00 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

  • They will come out and talk to you, and they will talk to her too. But this doesn't mean they will take your children away. Be honest, don't try to hide anything. Regardless of who is doing something to your child, by law a doctor has to report it. If you told your doctor that it was someone other than you, they will more than likely get the doctor's story too. Remember that there are many times that they are called out and they don't take some people seriously enough, and the children really do get hurt. Don't take it personally. This is more about your sister.

    Answer by amessageofhope at 12:54 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

  • The Doctor is obligated to report things like this and Social Services is obligated to look into it. Most likely they will come out and talk to you and your Child. They will ask questions and try to find out what happened.

    Answer by hsmominky at 2:19 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

  • Relax. Social Services isn't always a bad thing. If you've done nothing wrong there's no need to worry. If someone abused your child they need to be stopped family or not. They will talk to your child and find out what happened. They are not out to turn tables on you and make you a bad guy. If that has happened to anyone, there was good reason to suspect the kids weren't safe.

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:43 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.