How to make your water break?

My first two children the doctor broke my water. Since this is my last child I would like my water to break this time. Any suggestions as to how I can make this happen?

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 11:44 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ive even heard of people delivering with out their water breaking. I dont know tho I think most drs. just do it that way. Anyway. I dont remember what happened with my first. i think the dr. broke my water, but i was soo numb from the epi i didnt feel it (i had asked for an extra dose because i was told i was still hours away from delivering and after the epi kicked in again it was "time" I didnt even feel when it was time to push) with my second my epi started to wear off and i knew it was "time" bc of prev. experience and they laid me back to break my water and I gushed everywhere before they did it! LOL It was the weirdest feeling! any way Ive never heard of any "natural" ways to encourage it to happen. If i had to guess though I would say squats or lunges.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 12:13 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• tell the doctor not to break your water and let it do it on its own. Some babies can actually be born in the sac still. some moms' water breaks when they are pushing.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 11:48 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Im not sure there's anything you can do "sorry". Im still trying to figure out when my water broke with my last child (it must of been when I took a bath earlier the same day she was born & she's 5 now. " Still a Mystery" Lol.. Just hang in there sweetie, when it's time, it will happen. I know it suck's when your so close to the finish line!!! Best wishes & happy, healthy delivery soon! from Renee' (owner) of www.Irresistablecharm.net
    Renee132

Answer by Renee132 at 12:10 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• The water breaks all on its own, Don't allow your doctor to do it. It's that simple. Some babies are born in the sack "in the caul" this is also fine.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:25 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Im pretty sure you cant. So stop thinking about it. Thats why your dr has the title of doctor and you dont. I really mean that in the best of ways here. Only a doctor can break your water, you shouldnt be thinking of sticking anything up there, at all. You want to run around the block, go for it, see if that helps. but dont ever try to take on the doctors job, which may seem so dang easy to us
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I do not think that it is possible to break your own water. If you try to do that, you could give yourself an infection.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• You can make it happen by waiting till your baby is ready to be born. Please don't do anything to break your waters its dangerous.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 12:01 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Precious is right, there's no reason that your doctor needs to break your water. En Caul births are rare and beautiful and if you can have one, DO! My water broke right before pushing, it's designed to break late in labor for most women to give baby a good cushion for a long time. Don't worry about it and don't let anyone break it!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:09 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• OMG! your crazy, lol all i can say is just be patient i mean it could breck on its own or you may need it broken i waited with my second for nearly two days in pain and the dr finally just broke the water for me some my mother had four kids and her water never broke naturaly so be aware of that but walk and be patient and i wish you luck!
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 11:47 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Let the doctor do it or let it happen on its own!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2010