do your kids tend to wild at night?

mine seem to get a second wind right around bedtime when I'm totally wiped out.

Asked by luvschocolate at 11:52 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No, we do not do active things in the evenings. It is our quiet calm time. Very little chance to get wild.

Answer by errantmommy at 6:45 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yes!!! my 5 yr old is just insane at night!! it drives me nuts because his dad just ignores the behavior and I can't !!! UGH! So I try the stories and the bath the whole thing and he will not relax. Drives me nuts!

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:59 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yes! I think they can sense the tiredness of mommy and it gives them triple the energy.

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:10 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I know mine get all hyped up so I make them clean when they get out of control..I know nice mommy but it calms them down...LOL I told then tonight I can find more for you to do! LOL They are like no no.....

Answer by hill2 at 12:09 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I make mine run around the house before bedtime to tire them out lol :)

Answer by crazymom21 at 12:08 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• mine did when they were younger but I think they were just tired and fighting it. My LO is starting to do that.... he's 3 (his brothers are 10 12, and 13). As soon as they figured out I was standing my ground, they gave up the fight. Good luck!

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:03 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yes mine too. Reading is the best to calm them. But the main reason mine get wild is because of DH and getting them wound up - he always chooses bedtime to wrestle or play monster. They love it but realy he doesn't get the connection!

Answer by Steffy1099 at 12:02 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• they do! but they kno not to be loud because they will wake the babies, so they take bath and ill read them a book if that doent help

Answer by Kayge at 11:59 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yes, the same thing seems to happen around our house.

Answer by hsmominky at 11:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2010