How can I get my toddler to go to sleep earlier?

I do dinner, bath, story, little bit of movie, bed.... Then she climbs out of crib, yells and cries, goes back and forth to fridge over and over.... what am I doing wrong?

Jessalex

Asked by Jessalex at 11:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe move back her bedtime or try a shorter nap during the day
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:55 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I have the opposite problem. Wish my daughter would go to sleep later! I've tried everything in the book but every day it's 6:30pm and she is ready for bed. =/. I've tried everything in the book and nothing works! GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 11:57 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Well shes falling asleep close to 11pm so I dont think bumping back her bedtime is a good idea.... and I cant control her naps when shes @ daycare but days like today, I was off... she only napped for 20 minutes!
    Jessalex

Comment by Jessalex (original poster) at 11:58 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• She is testing you :). Keep the routine..........cut out the afternoon nap or cut it short. My youngest was up half the night if she slept past 2pm. Mabey cut the movie out perhaps this is two stimulating........how early is dinner ~ try a small snack, couple crackers or a part of banana and some milk and then story time and bed time. Dim the lights in her surroundings a 1/2-45 minutes before bed. Keep your routine going.......toddlers need that.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 11:58 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Tell the day care workers her nap needs to be shortened.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 11:59 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• How early does she get up in the morning?
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 12:00 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• well i have learned a good dinner more physical playing time during the day and for some a warm bath work but not for all oh ya and start taking ten min off naptime .
    QuEeN_bEe_03

Answer by QuEeN_bEe_03 at 12:04 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• she gets up at 7:45am
    Jessalex

Comment by Jessalex (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Take her to the park after dinner. Make sure she gets tired out before the time you want her to go to bed.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:07 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I also would stop the "little bit of movie" its too stimulating when you are trying to go to bed if anything get a nightlight that projects on to the ceiling
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 12:16 AM on Aug. 26, 2010