Can sex in late pregnancy make the baby change its position? adult content

I'm 35 weeks pregnant, and during check-up2 weeks ago my doctor told me that my baby's position was vertex, with the head down how it should be. But when I had my check up today it turns out that he moved-his head is more like on the lower side, and his butt is on the upper side-kinda diagonal, so I'm gonna have another sonogram to see for sure how he's positioned. Anyway, during those two weeks my husband and I have been having sex maybe more than we should have(once every day, and different positions); although now we do it every other day and only one simple position. So I'm wondering if sex could have caused the baby to turn the wrong way and I'm thinking if we should really try to take it easy from now on , or skip it all together for the next month-or sex doesn't matter and the baby would change his position on his own anyway?

Kittyfreak66

Asked by Kittyfreak66 at 12:01 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• NO
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:03 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I don't think it ould have changed the position of the baby. Talk to your dr.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:04 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Are you poking that baby in the head? j/k no having sex won't change the position.....Babies are super active and getting cramped in the end so they are moving around to get comfortable...hope your check up goes well....if baby isn't in good position they will try exterior manipulation. basically jelly your belly alot and push the baby around to get him/her positioned right.
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 12:05 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• it will make the baby want to come sooner or easier to come... good luck
    Patientchild3

Answer by Patientchild3 at 12:08 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I was just thinking if maybe all that shaking made the baby turn the wrong way.. anyway I'll try to do some special exercises to help him move around, but my doctor told me not to worry too much, I still have one month to go :) thank you for the answers :)
    Kittyfreak66

Comment by Kittyfreak66 (original poster) at 12:11 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• No babies move all the time so shifting happens enjoy the sex while you can.
    nikkole42

Answer by nikkole42 at 12:22 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• So not possible I've asked my own doctor and said it doesn't affect
    KtD368

Answer by KtD368 at 2:50 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I don't think it would effect the baby's position. My DD was delivered at 36 weeks and my DH and I had sex almost every single day in different positions and she never changed positions after getting head down. But babies do shift around to get comfy, so that's probably just what happened. If you continue to be concerned, just talk to your OBGYN about it.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:27 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• How Kinki is the Sex?
    and what are you doing?
    Maybe or Maybe NOT
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 5:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2010