can a 4yr old get a panic attack just to avoid bedtime?

i have a 4yr old and she screams, and has shortening of breath and basically freaks out if im not in bed with her or shes in bed with me

angelmama2516

Asked by angelmama2516 at 12:17 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• I used to have them when I was four because of the nightmares does he have nightmares?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:19 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• They definitely can, my ds when he was 2-3 used to vomit he would get so upset.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:21 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Sounds like a temper tantrum--and yes, 4 year olds are very manipulative. My 3.5 year old is constantly doing things to me that he KNOWS he can't get away with when Daddy is on the job. He doesn't even try.
    stldenise

Answer by stldenise at 12:21 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Do you have any life changes going on?
    Renee132

Answer by Renee132 at 12:23 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• sweet love of mine what did u do? did he calm down after throwing up?
    angelmama2516

Comment by angelmama2516 (original poster) at 12:25 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• pinkdragon-NO not that im aware of she always tells me about her dreams and she was still awake.
    renee132-yea i guess if u call trying to lose weight life changing?
    angelmama2516

Comment by angelmama2516 (original poster) at 12:26 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• She could be over tired or scared. My 4 year old is quite manipulative, so it could be a manipulation tactic too. Try setting rules beforehand. Like, lie down with her for a certain length of time, and then she is on her own. Tell her you'll read her a story, lay with her for 5 minutes and then you need to leave.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 2:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2010