Has your toddle ever taken care of you?

My 16 month old son tries to take care of me he covers me up hugs me he tries to feed me. I'm really sick and have to go the hospital tomorrow my son has wanted to take care of me instead of play. He has been this way since he was 6 months old...has any of your little ones done this?

butterfly3206

Asked by butterfly3206 at 12:29 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter tries to feed me all of the time. =)
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 12:31 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yes and I love it. same thing, when im not feeling good my baby girl would get me my blanket and she would "take my temp" shes sooo cute! my son. no not really lol
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 12:31 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yeah, enjoy it. I know I do!
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 12:31 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My dd has done dishes, cleaned her room, refused to eat until I eat, and said she loves me so much that she'd give me the shirt off her back. Strong words for a then ten year old. Now she is twelve and although I could find complaints, she is a very good child.
    Your son seems very loving and kind, that's good.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 12:32 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• after thought.....but then again my son has never really been all that sick before...my daughter there was a couple times she had a fever and such, so id take care of her. so she was prolly just mimicking me
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 12:32 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• its just also hard on me he wants me to lov eon him but its my kidneys he touches them and it hurts he landed on my stomach today i screamed out in pain and i was crying so bad he came to my side layed on my chest and pulled a blanket on us and he said "love you mommy" he only 16 months old..its just so unreal.
    butterfly3206

Comment by butterfly3206 (original poster) at 12:33 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• isn't it the best feeling in the world to have an empathetic child? My 17 month old hugs me and kisses me and covers me in blankets when I am hurt or when I give him the "BooBoo Lip" My 5 yr old will be a great nurse when he grows up. He told my mom yesterday when she had a spatula fall on her foot and cut her toe that "he was going to sleep with her to watch her toe so he could stop all the bleeding so the bleed wouldn't come out of her toe" lol
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 12:36 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yeah, and she is never gentle. It's the most amazing thing!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:42 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yes. I got upset the other day and just started crying and my 2 year old DS came up and hugged me, gave me kisses ,and snuggled with me. He looked and me and said, " Mommy crying?" I just hugged him tight and told his I was fine and went and got us both a treat.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 1:52 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My son is the sweetest he picks up emotions really well. Like if I cry he'll give me a big hug and pat my back and cuddle up next to me until I feel better. That always makes my tears go away. If any of his older cousins accidentally hurt me my son will not hesitate to get after them and will comfort me and kiss my boo boo. He also loves to feed me.
    KtD368

Answer by KtD368 at 2:46 AM on Aug. 26, 2010