How well do you tip your server/bartender?

onemellowmom

Asked by onemellowmom at 12:36 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Depends on the service... If it's good service, 20%, if it's GREAT service, more... But if service sucks... So does my tip. I was a server, I know how hard it is, and I also know how easy it is to smile regardless.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:38 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• 10 to 15% depending on their service. This might sound mean but if the server is really crappy I will leave a penny.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 1:03 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• if the service good 20%...poor service..10%
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 2:40 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• If the service is good 20% sometimes more. If the service is bad I tip less depending on how bad it was.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:25 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Bad service gets nothing.
    Regular service gets 10-15%
    Good service gets 20%.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:19 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I have a system lol. we don't go out much where there's a waitress/waiter (mostly to buffets) but when we do I expect them to bend over backwards with at the very least kindest. If I see that they are working really hard to please us, they get bumped up in pay. If I see that they really couldn't care less about being at work that day or WORSE that they are ticked off we didn't order alcohol or have our kids with us then they get bumped down. They get 10% if they were terrible. They get 0% if I had to go so far as to call a manager to the table. They get 15% if there were just going through the motions and 20% if they were good and 25% if they were excellent.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:43 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• 20% is my starting point, I may leave more if I get really good service. For bad service, I'll leave 10%.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:47 AM on Aug. 26, 2010