Looking for Recipe: Seasoned/Marinated Saltine Crackers!

I've searched the internet but can't seem to find much. I know it is seasoned or marinated with some type of oil and lots of seasonings; the crackers are crunchy, spicy and flavorful!

Thanks for your help!!!

rcbrown

Asked by rcbrown at 3:33 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Food & Drink

• They are called spicy crackers...here is my recipe!

3 sleeves of saltines
    1 1/3 cups canola oil
    2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
    1 pack dry ranch mix

Mix oil, pepper flakes, & ranch mix in a small bowl. In a large bowl with a lid (rubber maid), pour in crackers & pour mixture over them. Flip bowl every 15 minutes for an hour. Let set over night & enjoy!
    redheadedmommie

Answer by redheadedmommie at 3:53 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Oooh, I may try the above recipe with Good Season's Italian Dressing Mix instead of the dry ranch mix
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 4:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• THANK YOU REDHEADEDMOMMIE!! You are The Best! I also like NJMommy2boys' idea of using the GS Italian Dressing Mix. My mom thinks I am crazy and that they will turn out soggy; I plan to prove her wrong! Thanks again ladies!!!!!
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 4:32 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I know once on Paula's Home Cooking, Bobby put those little Ritz sandwich crackers in a tupperware with oil and ranch dressing powder.. shook them up and put them in the fridge for awhile and they were crunchy still.. the first reply sounds yummy!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 5:11 PM on Oct. 9, 2008