Are there any movie scenes/commercials/tv episodes...

that you just can't watch? Or scenes that make you too emotional?

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 12:41 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Entertainment

• I was watching planet terror with my hubby and they have these previews like old seventies films previews, one was for a horror movie. This girl and her boyfriend were going to mess around on the trampoline in the school gymnasium, well... she jumps up in her skirt only to land down on a knife aimed right between her legs. They turn the camera away in time, but the knowing is what got to me.
    I normally don't watch movies like that, but movie time was my hubby's choice that night.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 12:51 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• For me - there is a scene in Saving Private Ryan that I can't watch. I get NAUSEAS, actually sick to my stomach, just thinking about it. It's the scene where that poor kid is upstairs in that building and that guy slowly stabs him in the gut while he begs for his life, and the other guy is standing outside on the stairs, too afraid to go in and help.

The first time i watched that movie, I didn't see it coming. I can watch ANYTHING -- blood, guts, the bathroom scene in American History X -- you name it. But I can't even LISTEN to that scene in SPR. I have to leave the room and think of other things.
    DusterMommy

Comment by DusterMommy (original poster) at 12:45 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Anything that is about war I can't watch. Anything that has children being abused or neglected I can't watch.I hate shows like the Waltons and Little House on the Prairie where they're spanking kids and calling it discipline and the families are going without food and struggling. Any mistreatment to the elderly or animals I can't watch. I can't watch a woman or girl being molested or raped. Anyone dying of something horrible or being killed I can't watch. Anyone in misery I can't watch. Some of the worst movies for me that I wish I could edit because otherwise they are good movies are Million Dollar Baby, The Dollmaker, Old Yeller and Cold Mountain. When I watch those things it disturbs me very much to the point of nightmares and sometimes for years.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:53 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yeah, the one where the little girl is asking her Dad to borrow the (car) keys, and he's telling her be careful, . . . . . and then he hands her the keys and she's really old enough to drive. Tears every time!
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 12:55 AM on Aug. 26, 2010