And i shall never tip again.

So about a week ago me, my hubby, and a friend of ours went to Friendly's in Woodbridge mall in NJ. They ordered but I just wanted ice cream. I had recently ate. Regardless we had a great time. The check came and it was about 23 something. We tipped the waiter 10 in cash and paid for the meal via debit card. So a few says later I checkmy online banking anf realize we were overcharged 6 bucks. I called and spoke with an manager and he asked me to come in. When I went we talked about the situation. He pulled up my receipt and on the tip line someone had wrote in an extra 6 bucks. Obviously our waiter. I couldn't believe it. We had tipped him. And he tried to be sneaky. I was pissed. Whatever happened to honest people? Its not like I'm hurting for the 6 bucks but that's not the point. He tried to play me and after we were so nice. We even cleaned our table. So now I'm hesitant to tip. I just don't want to be bothered.

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 12:47 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• that happend to my sisiter one time,, so now she always crosses out the tip line so that no one can write anything in
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 12:49 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• While that is sucky that that happened to you, most wait people are struggling to make a living. You should not punish all waiters for one scumbag.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:49 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• You should call and see what they did to him. If you find out he is still working there file a police report and call the local news station.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:54 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Was the waiter repremanded for what he did? I would consider that stealing.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 12:49 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I agree, make a big x in the tip line, or put a big fat zero.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:50 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• That is theft - he should be fired.. Gosh I'm going to check my account more closely to make sure that doesn't happen to me. Thanks for sharing!
    Steffy1099

Answer by Steffy1099 at 12:51 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Unfortunately, I can relate. We had this same thing happen to us. I learned my lesson and I explained to my Husband why that he had to put a O and a slash through it from then on. I even had a second incident after just putting an 0 where someone turned it into 5.00!! It made me so mad. How can people be so dishonest?
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:56 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Wow. Don't stop going to the restaraunt, just like you said, put a zero and line through it.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:57 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yeah, Don't stop tipping the rest of us, please... some of us are very honest.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:20 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• That's awful! I hope he got fired. My husband always does the bill, and he's very careful to write either a big zero with a line, or scribble it through if we tip on the table. When he tips on the slip, he always writes a dollar sign and squishes the numbers together so nobody can add to it. I guess paying in cash would erase this problem, but we just don't carry cash around.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:17 AM on Aug. 26, 2010