2 year old hates hair!!!

Ok now my 2 year old loves bath time but hates her hair washed so is this a phase.

nikkole42

Asked by nikkole42 at 1:00 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes it is. Try to be careful about getting stuff in her face and eyes..
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:15 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Try laying her on the bathroom counter with a rolled up towel unde her neck and wash her hair in the sink. My dd loves this! Its much esier to kep suds and water out of the ears and eyes. Lay a washcloth over the forehead or use one to help rinse. It works like a charm.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:30 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• If water and soap in the eyes become an issue, have her close her eyes "gently". We all make the mistake of telling them to shut their eyes tightly and then that darn soapy water runs right down those creases they're making into their eyes. Good luck!
    ReadingMama2

Answer by ReadingMama2 at 4:05 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• yes it is a phase. i agree with the PPs
    Mom2Giovanna

Answer by Mom2Giovanna at 9:27 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• my son hates getting his hair washed too - just don't give in and not wash her hair though - I made this mistake and its making it even harder to wash his hair
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• my kiddos at his age hated this too. I had to lay a towel on the counter in the kitchen and one under their neck after laying them on the counter while I washed their hairs now since they've gotten so use to me doing it this way I have tried to introduce the shower method instead of bath time they seem to like that much better and it has cut play time in half and half the mess for me to clean up thank goodness.
    momof5monsters

Answer by momof5monsters at 12:06 PM on Aug. 27, 2010