Is normal to get braxton hicks contractions all day ?

I get them all the time, my belly gets so hard wow and it hurts a little tinny bit , I get them every two hours 3 0r 4 times. (33 weeks pregnant)

MommyOfJayden23

Asked by MommyOfJayden23 at 1:02 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You should call your doctor or midwife if you start having 4 in an hour. I have them a lot too, but have not had to call yet.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:03 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• It is always a great idea to check in with your caregiver but this is your uterus toning up for the real deal. Some women only get them later in pregnancy, I had them from around 4+ months (my uterus was only the size of a grapefruit and I wondered why it felt like a concrete ball in my stomach every morning!) Think how strong those muscles will be when it comes time to get down to it. Best of luck with the birth!
    mamatrip

Answer by mamatrip at 1:08 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yes but call anyway.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 1:10 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I started getting them in early 2nd trimester. It was so bad that I was put on bedrest awhile because dr thought that me working too hard was going to result in preterm labor. Even after I got back to work after bedrest I continued to have them everyday. Its the body's way of preparing for the real thing. If you're 33 weeks then you're probably gonna start feeling them more and more. Tell you dr though to be sure
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:11 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• It is fairly common. They should ease up with rest and drinking water. However, if you are having them that often, it would be best to call your OB and let them know. They may want to see you or want you to try doing something different. Take care of yourself and that little one. :-)
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 1:41 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• yes it is normal. but i also would let my midwife or dr know. i had some like that on a monday when i was 32 weeks. i said "if this happens again, i'm calling" but then i didn't have ANY until that thursday and friday but then they really weren't concerning at all. only a couple here and there. but then sunday i was having a LOT so i went to the hospital (there was no point calling my midwife because i was 3 hours from there) and i had my baby that day! 33 weeks.

but i'm not trying to freak you out, having braxton hicks a lot is really normal during the third trimester, but i'd call and explain what you are experiencing to your dr/midwife to get their opinion :D
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• if they're consistent I would call your OB just to let them know, my SIL just had her baby last week and had been having BH contractions for 2 days before she had him, at a pretty consistent pace. It's the body's way of getting ready for the real deal, and the real deal could happen at any time!
    mishmashmom

Answer by mishmashmom at 11:16 AM on Aug. 26, 2010