For those of you that have been divorced, how did you know it was time to move on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• I knew it had to end when I realized that I was losing who I was. Be well. Be happy.
    ReadingMama2

Answer by ReadingMama2 at 3:58 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I observed his moods and things started changing between us. my model is : it's his lose and someone else's gain
    moxiema

Answer by moxiema at 1:46 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• when i was around him, and all i could feel for him was resentment for the things he had done to me. and when i saw my daughters look so frightened when they heard the garage door opening, when daddy came home.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 2:49 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• When I became completely apathetic toward him. I had no feelings at all toward him, not love or hate.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:35 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• First marriage, when my daughter got up for school and had to step over people passed out on the living room floor to get out the door. Told him it was us or the drugs and alcohol. We lost. Next marriage, after he wrapped his hands around my throad and cut off my air until I started to pass out to prove he could do anything he wanted and get away with it.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:55 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I agree with Scuba and gracefulsky. I got to the point that all I felt was resentment and anger when I was around him, so we seperated and then I became completly apathetic toward him. I knew it was time. Before we seperated I would also have dreams of my ex dh dying in some tragic accident and I was unintentionally planning my life without him in it... GL
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 10:52 AM on Aug. 26, 2010