how can you tell when you need to switch to a size 2 nipple

how can you tell when you need to switch to a size 2 nipple?

falanlee

Asked by falanlee at 3:43 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I switched to the size 2 nipple when my little boy started getting frustrated when eating. If you switch and he's not ready you will know. You can give it a try and see how he does. I think my little boy was like 7 months. He liked to take his time when eating though! Good Luck
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 3:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My daughter is 8 months and we do both the size 2 and the size 3 depending on teh time of day. Mornings she gets frustrated with a 2, but then after that she plays a little so likes the size 2. I am thinking she was about 4 months when we went to a size 2 and then about 7 months when we went to the size 3. If he hates it, he will let you know. The milk will flow too quickly for him. If he seems frustrated with the ones you have now, give it a shot, just know most recommend at least 3 months old.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• the package of the nipple usually tells you at what age(months) you should start using the new size
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• You should switch between 4-6 months. You will be able to tell when your little one is getting frustrated that they are having to work to hard to get their bottle and then they're still not getting much out. If you switch it too soon you will notice right away because they will start choking.
    pookie_1228

Answer by pookie_1228 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I tried at 4 months and I could tell she wasn't ready because she made a HUGE mess with it. She's try but I think more got on her than in her. Tried again at 6 months and she can handle it, but she can also handle a sippy cup now so what's the point? She's using cups more and more now.
    Hartless

Answer by Hartless at 6:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2008