I have a bed bug problem...oh my!

OK, so the bed bugs are only in my living room couch (not the floor) and in one of my sons bed. What can I do to geet rid of them?????????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Call a professional. Those things multipy quickly and can leave nasty bites. Sorry to hear that!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:42 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• OH NO!!!! RUUUUN no just kidding! There is a spray--drat I don't know what it is called. BUT the hard thing is that the spray actually has to come in contact with each bug. LOSE the couch and Bed. These are a tough bug to beat. OR maybe call a pest control place ASAP and see if they have any ideas. Unlike fleas and ants etc that there are more natural rememdies, I have not heard of any for Bed Bugs. I know that you can put clothing and blankets in the dryer on med or high for 20 minutes and that will kill what is in that.....
    mamatrip

Answer by mamatrip at 1:44 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Have you been watching all of the news media about the bed bug outbreaks? They are recommending that you call a professional. They can spread really quickly and they multiply so fast that its impossible to kill them all on your own.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 1:46 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Call the expert that's all I hear!!!! But they are so expensive, they need to sell something in the store to get rid of them.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:06 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Try pulling the couch and the headboard away from the wall. Smear the bed frame legs and the couch legs with petroleum jelly. Buy extra vacuum bags. Do a daily thorough vacuum of the seams in the mattress, the box spring, the headboard, baseboard, couch cushions, and floor. After each vacuuming, seal the used vacuum bag in plastic and discard. Launder bedding and clothing in hot water and dry on hottest setting. Repair all cracks and crevices, glue down any loose wall-paper. Spray the mattress, couch and surroundings with Sol-U-Guard Botanical or Sol-U-Mel (you can find info on these products at www.SaferForYourHome.com). Be vigilant because bedbug eggs hatch in 6-17 days. Also, look up "Diatomaceous Earth" on the internet for a natural insecticide. Good luck - contact me if you have any questions.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 10:10 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yep, that last poster was right. Look up on the interet "D.E" that stuff is supposed to be great. Wrap all of your other matresses in plastic and seal with duct tape or get mattress protectors and seal the seam and zipper with tape, put all your clothes in big ziploc baggies or totes and keep them closed 24/7. You can also buy house fogging kits from your local hardware store. You want to find a fogger that is high in Prytherins (sp?) and then bomb your house every 6 weeks for the next year (Bedbugs can live for 1.5 years with out food and they can hatch new eggs every 6 weeks). Spend some time looking up info on the intenet. There is a ton of info out there.
    KiraSaucedo

Answer by KiraSaucedo at 11:16 AM on Aug. 26, 2010