ultrasounds

how many of u were told u were having either boy or girl n turned out wrong ? at how many weeks ? i was told im having my 2nd baby girl n i was 17 weeks, i was told it was a 100% because she checked like 4 times n even clearly to me it looked like a girl alrite !

chriskris

Asked by chriskris at 1:43 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've never had an ultrasound be wrong but we always found out around 20 weeks. They say that from 18 weeks and up you can tell, but we always waited until 20 just to be sure.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 1:45 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• well im 35 weeks now n i never had another ultrasound after that 17 week one, everything i have is for a girl
    chriskris

Comment by chriskris (original poster) at 1:47 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• They were right with both of my kids but back in the early 80's when I was born and ultrasounds were kinda new they told my mom 3 times that I was a boy. They went the whole nine months thinking that. They brought blue clothes to the hospital and have a boy name picked out. They still act disapointed that I wasn't a boy. Doesn't matter because dh told me he VERY glad I wasn't LOL
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:48 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Does happen, but not often :)
    mamatrip

Answer by mamatrip at 1:50 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• yea i think technology is very advanced now lol
    chriskris

Comment by chriskris (original poster) at 1:50 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• The ultrasound was right about my baby. However, my SIL was told for months that she was having a girl. They bought pink clothes, painted the nursery pink, had a girl name picked out, the whole nine yards. Then, they sent her for a 4-D ultrasound and they could clearly see BOY parts. She was so disappointed! Like mamatrip said, it happens, but it's rare. You're probably safe!
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 5:42 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I had one at 15 weeks, was told we were having a girl. Started buying things, decorating the nursery, only to find out we were having a boy when I was 22 weeks.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:33 AM on Aug. 26, 2010