I'm so upset I can't see straight.

My husband and I let my parents move in when they lost their home. Now they have stolen money from my purse twice and I just went to go take a muscle relaxer that I'd been prescribed for preterm labor and the entire freaking bottle (there were 12 total, I had taken 2) is EMPTY.
Dad asked if he could have one the other night when he was sore from working. I said no that they were for my preterm labor contractions. Tonight has been horrible, I can't sleep- my contractions have not gone away with a bath and I'm not yet 37 weeks. I went to go take one and they are all gone. I'm so upset I cant see straight. I dont know what to say to Dad or Mom. I just want to kick them out at this point. They live here rent free and make money than we do and we have 6 kids to provide for. I'm just in tears. I don't know how to confront them but I know I need to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• surprisedOkay well they obviously don't respect you. I would give them a warning, have dh there with you for backup and tell them straight out that it better stop or they are out of the house. And mean it!

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:00 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I have had the same problem, we gave my parents a months notice and told them it was not a situation we could continue with. We let them know we felt if they stayed we would not be able to repair a relationship
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 2:08 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Well it sounds like your parents do not have any respect for you, Your DH or your Children. They are taking from you and from your Children. I would sit down with DH and make a plan to talk to them. You need to be on the same page as DH and decide how you guys are going to handle it. Then, talk to them together. Do not back down. It's those sort of people who like to try to manipulate you and make you feel bad. Just stand your ground and lay down some rules or give them an amount of time to move out. You shouldn' t be treated like that much less by your parents in your own home.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 2:12 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Toss them out!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:24 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• And during the month they are staying with you until they find their own place....get a lock on a door, a cupboard, a closet, whatever works so that your meds (no need to be more stressed right now!), your purse etc are "safe" and you can relax at least a bit about that. Almost like needing a bit of "tough love" that many parents are pushed by their teens to use when any basic boundaries of safety and respect are not in place. Hang in there, you can do it!
    mamatrip

Answer by mamatrip at 2:29 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I'm so shocked. My kids are 18, 21 & 27. I can't imagine treating them the way your parents have. Parents should help their children, and although I think it's okay for kids to help their parents in desperate circumstances, the parents should be doing everything they can to contribute, and not be a burden. Stealing crosses a huge line, I'm afraid they don't deserve a 30 day notice. I'd have my husband change the locks, and have their things packed and waiting on the porch.

You are pregnant, and clearly having complications, you don't need 30 days of this at this time, your parents should see that. Time for them to go.

Best wishes, and hugs.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:51 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Parents or not kick there asses out the door once someone steals from me that is it. I can't stand when people go though my things much as steal from me.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:26 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• They need to go. The level of disrespect is astounding to me - who steals a pregnant woman's pills?!? It's not like they didn't know what they were for. I'm sorry, what a thing to have happen.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:32 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I would sit down and tell them they need to go before baby comes or 1 week whichever comes first. they probably do love you just have some problems. But u r the last person your parents should steal from.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:03 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Pack their shit in Hefty bags and throw it on the porch and change the locks. Whoever stole your muscle relaxers put both you and your baby at risk, and that's unconscionable. Put your foot down hard now, before things get worse.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:53 AM on Aug. 26, 2010