when did u?

when did you buy the crib and furniture items for baby???? how far along were you?

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 3:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• We started buy big stuff at 21wks and then gender stuff last week (24wks) b/c thats when we found out what we were having!! Congrats and have fun
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i was told after you find out the gender is the easiest but i'm only three months and already looking at baby stuff
    panda09

Answer by panda09 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Probably like a few mths before you have the baby to get the crib. You don't want to buy like clothes too soo in case something happens to the baby, not saying something would. I'd wait till like u was 7mths or so, just my thought.
    Anonymous

• All my furniture I got it at last min. ; ) when I was like 35 weeks.
    Jamie8788

Answer by Jamie8788 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i think its really negative to think oh if something happens to the baby...... you cant think like that. Just think as though nothing can go wrong, if you feel like you want to buy that stuff now go for it!
    Anonymous

• I am 15 weeks and already have a crib, some neutral clothes, baby creams and washes, stroller, car seat, diaper bag, baby bath tub, and some other things for the baby. I figure I should get the stuff a little at a time, plus it means I can still hit some of the rummage sales before winter.
    Zoeybug

Answer by Zoeybug at 3:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• We bought the crib and changing table when i was 20 weeks. we had already started buying the clothes after i hit 15 weeks.... we didnt find out the sex of our baby. as for waiting until you are 7 months... thats a lot to get in just a little over 2 months. i would start buying the bigger things... crib, changing table, rocker... any big item. once you find out the sex of the baby. maybe one big purchase a month... i mean unless you are fortunate to be able to buy them all at once. we bought ours from babiesRus and it was over $1400 for the crib and changing table!!!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:53 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I just wish I knew what I was having so I could have a lot more fun shopping for him/her. I know I can't afford to get all the stuff at once.
    Zoeybug

Answer by Zoeybug at 3:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i bought a car seat 2 weeks ago cause it was at a garage sale.. i need another crib matress so we will prob will by one b4 too long i wanna put the crib up already!!! but it everything wont be set up until late dec... thats when i will have everything ready for the new one...
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 3:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• we bought all the furniture when we found out the gender... i was 24-26weeks along. but i bought some cloth before that. :)

there were only a few things i didnt buy until she was born... pacifier, diapers, formula, milk pump... all those things you dont know if u actually need until your child is born :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:57 PM on Oct. 9, 2008