Should i take him to the er?

He is 4 years old had has been trowing up all day, it started at about 7am and he is still awake throwing up, he is very pale! He threw about a total of 20 times since then and has a 101 temp. he was feeling ok earlier and but now he is way worse. Hasent pee or pooped all day!!!

DeeMarie87

Asked by DeeMarie87 at 2:25 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would definately take him. Watch for signs of how he is acting, if he is not acting like himself that is definately a bad thing. even when my kids are sick and throwing up they still want to run around and play. Make sure he is getting plenty of liquids but not too much. If you are giving liquids and still no pee that is a problem too which requires attention.
    mylady13135

Answer by mylady13135 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I would've taken him several hours ago. So yes, take him in!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 2:28 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• If he has been throwing up all day and he can't rest from the throwing up then Yes, I would say to take him. He's probably getting dehydrated. He will probably need some phenegran or something to help him stop throwing up. Good Luck.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 2:26 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Definitely go to the e.r! In the meaqntime try giving him Poweraide, Gatoraide, Pedialyte, whatever you have to keep him hydrated. It sounds like food posioning.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:28 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I agree! My kids always seem to get a bit worse at night as well, esp the fevers.
    mamatrip

Answer by mamatrip at 2:32 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• are u giving him to much to drink that is making it come back up? u need to give him some Pedialyte and in very small amounts to help it stay down on his tummy so it wont come back up. he hasnt peeped or pooped all day cuz what u been giving him hasnt had a chance to get to his digestive system....hope he gets better soon.
    MummyLuv

Answer by MummyLuv at 3:08 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Hasn't peed = dehydrated. that can be dangerous so, yes, go to the ER!
    ReadingMama2

Answer by ReadingMama2 at 3:32 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Bring him right away.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:41 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Ummm yea...... If he's been puking all day, && hasn't peed , yea... Common Sense, if you feel you should take him then dont worry about what anyone else says. take him......... Even if its nothing, at least you have a piece of mind..... (although in this case you should)
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 7:08 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I agree with the ladies, especially if he hasn't been able to keep anything done and hasn't peed all day. I hope that he is alright and will be feeling better soon. Like the pp said even if it turns out to be nothing then at least you know you had him checked and you have something to go off of and peace of mind. It's always better to be safe and go with your gut than not and have something terrible happen.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 7:47 AM on Aug. 26, 2010