HOW CAN I GET MY HAIR TO TAKE THE HAIR DYE?

SO IVE BEEN TRYING TO DYE MY HAIR FOR A VERY LONG TIME NOW BUT EVERY TIME I TRY IT JUST WASHES RIGHT OUT. HMMM?? WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO OR WHATS A GOOD PRODUCT I CAN TRY? PLEASE HELP. THANKS!!

GUDMOMMY86

Asked by GUDMOMMY86 at 3:28 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Beat it until it complies!!! Just kidding. What is the color diffrence between your hair now and what you are dying it? If your hair is MUCh darker, then that could be the issue. How long are you letting it sit? I let mine sit for at least 30 minutes, but I (personally) never go over 45. Im not a cosmotologist or anything, I am just me.
    silks_bunny

Answer by silks_bunny at 4:14 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Are you using any sort of temporary dye? Are you pregnant?
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:36 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• GIRL MY HAIR IS A VARIETY OF COLORS LOL..MY ROOTS ARE LIKE ABOUT 3 TO 4 INCHES OUT AND THAT COLOR IS DARK BROWN AND THE NEXT COLOR IS LIKE A ORANGE THEN THERES A LIGHT BROWN AND MEDIUM BLOND...THATS HOW I SEE IT AT LEAST LOL...I'VE BOUGHT FROM THE CHEAPEST TO THE MOST EXPENSIVE DYES...GRRR PEOPLE THINK I PURPOSELY HAVE IT THAT WAY..IM LIKE UGH NOT EVEN...OH YEAH I NEVER LEAVE IT IN FOR MORE THAN 45 MIN..I EVEN WRAP MY HAIR IN A HEB BAG...ONCE I TAKE THE BAG OFF IT LOOKS LIKE THE COLOR TOOK BUT ONCE IM IN THE SHOWER IT ALL WASHES OUT AND THATS WHY I ENDED UP WITH THE MULTIPLE COLOR HAIR SINCE IVE TRIED DIFF TIMES...I WANTED IT A CARMEL COLOR BUT NOW I WANT THE BOTTOM HALF BLACK AND MY TOP HALF DEEP RED!! I THINK ILL JUS BUY SUM WIGS HAHA JK...WELL THANKS FOR THE REPLY CHIKA!!!
    GUDMOMMY86

Comment by GUDMOMMY86 (original poster) at 10:07 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• OH WOW YEAH IM NOT PREGO..LOL I SO WISH I WAS THO...I KNOW ALOT SAY THAT THAT CAN HAPPEN WHEN UR PREGO BUT NOT IN MY CASE...MY HAIR ACTUALLY HASENT TAKEN A DYE SINCE I WAS PREGO THE FIRST TIME..BUT I HAD A MISCARRIAGE WITH THAT PREGNANCY...DURING THE PREGNANCY I COLORED MY HAIR AND IT TOOK GREAT BUT AFTER THAT IT NEVER TOOK AGAIN...AND I JUST GET DIFF KINDS LIKE FROM SALLYS AND WAL-MART.
    GUDMOMMY86

Comment by GUDMOMMY86 (original poster) at 10:10 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Try using a clarifying shampoo for a few days to get out any residue out of your hair, then give color another shot. Can't hurt. Or, try a salon with a color specialist.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 3:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I THINK I DO NEED TO TRY A SALON..MAYBE ILL ASK THAT FOR MY BIRTHDAY GIFT! THANKS PEEPS!!
    GUDMOMMY86

Comment by GUDMOMMY86 (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2010