Whos not.......................

voting for obama because off pro choice.I would vote for him but I can`t stand somebody who votes for moms to kill there babys.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• although i don't agree that abortion is the big issue, i also don't think that someone else's convictions can determine what my own are. who are you guys to tell this poster what should be her biggest concern? you don't know her, don't know her life, her daily walk. maybe she's got a war of her own to deal with. sometimes, if life is bad enough for the individual, they won't wander outside their own problems. does it make them narrow-minded? maybe, but not in the way you guys think it does. perhaps if you chose to show her the big picture in a reasonable fashion, rather than to jump down her 'narrow' throat, she might be more receptive. i realize some of you are rather passionate about these things;you don't have to be so offensive, to get your point across. this isn't a schoolyard playground..or is it?
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:20 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I think you are a drama queen.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 3:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• It's not like anyone is going to overturn Roe vs. Wade, so what does their abortion stance matter?
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 4:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• He is not voting for mom's to kill babies. If you had a basic understanding of his stance on a woman's right to choose you would realize how ridiculous you sound. Maybe you should do some research on the issue.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I think there are much bigger issues to worry about this year, such as the economy. Voting based on abortion stance is not going to get us out of this mess. If that's what you're basing your vote on, then you are very narrow-minded and contributing to the problem.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Just because you are pro-choice doesn't mean that you are pro-abortion. Good God...I agree with tropical mama...We have more important issues to worry about...how about the economy...people die from hunger and lack of shelter all the time...DOESN"T THAT WORRY YOU? or hey...our troops dying in Iraq every day...and for what???? what about all of that? Are you so caught up in your narrow-mindedness that you don't see that because of our failing economy that other people, not just Americans, are out of food, shelter, jobs, money, etc. We have to fix the economy or everything else is going to fail right along with it. Get your head out of your ass and look at the big picture!
    LexsMami

Answer by LexsMami at 6:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Don't let anyone bully you or make you feel like your issues are less important than what they deem "bigger concerns". Vote based on your conscience. I'm not voting for Obama, but it goes WAY beyond his vote to allow late term abortions, and also his repeated vote against saving born alive aborted babies die, rather than save them. (http://www.jillstanek.com/archives/2008/02/links_to_barack.html)
    mrsdanahale

Answer by mrsdanahale at 10:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Don't get me wrong ladies, I don't like that about him either. I am not condoning what he says about it or supporting abortion...its a terrible thing. However, there are more important issues than abortion, and like another mom said...they aren't going to turn over Roe v. Wade anytime soon. Its just not going to happen and neither is what Obama supports as far as abortion goes. We are still too conservative (and I don't mean that in a bad way either) for that to become legal. I am not voting for either candidate. Neither one of them stack up in my opinion, however my opinions are too libertarian for most, so I support Obama and encourage others to vote for him. I think his economic, health, and war-stance plans are sound and I love that he wants to use diplomacy instead of going immediately for brute force the next time we have a conflict.
    LexsMami

Answer by LexsMami at 12:52 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My point is that people should pay attention to what is really going on right now.
    LexsMami

Answer by LexsMami at 12:59 AM on Oct. 10, 2008