I shouldnt feel dread.. should I?

So I have a "friend" (and im sure I will be bashed here) that is such a bitch, to me to everyone. If you dont agree with her she will let you know how dumb you are for what you think. She is a huge hypocrite. One minute she is calling a girl a cheating slut, the next minute they are best friends. She thinks her shit dont stink essentially. Well she has been away for the summer for 3 months, and it was so nice and drama free. Now I have to pick her up from the airport in a few hours and I am dreading it. I have been asked, and ask myself why am I friends with her. And I have no idea why. I feel like I am guilty by association, like people think less of me because of her. How do I break up with a friend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• I think you should tell her why you aren't going to be her friend anymore. In other words, act like a real friend instead of the fake kind of friend she is. How else will she get it? But, just be prepared that she will be angry, and probably talk about you behind your back, spread lies and rumors, etc. People who really know her will know the truth, so don't sweat it. She'll get tired of talking about you and move on to her next victim. In a few years when she starts to mature, she'll realize that you were right. She probably won't ever tell you that, should you run into her, but she will know. good luck mama!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 9:42 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I would cut all ties to her pick her up and bring her home and just leave it at that. When she does call you and wants to know what is going on tell her that she is just to much tell her that you had a very peaceful dramafree 3 months and that you have just had enough. She is two faced and she thinks her shit don't stick which infact her shit smells just as bad as yours and she is no better then the next person in this world. I would have kiss that friendship goodbye long ago. Stand your ground be strong and let this women live her life without you in it or a part of it.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:12 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Do like guys do when they do not want to see you anymore. Stop hanging around her. Do not call her. If she calls, do not answer the phone. always make a reason you can not do things with her.

Answer by louise2 at 5:31 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Im with louise2...just ignore her PERIOD! I dont know you but I know you or anyone at that matter does not deserve to be treated with such disrespect,. someone like that doesnt deserve a friend at all. maybe if you cut ties with her she'd realize what she is and stop acting the way she does towards you and people in general. running back to her as a friend just makes you look like a fool ( no offense) I been there and done that ,so I understand your situation
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 6:20 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Ignore her. Stop taking her calls, block her on FB. Life is too short for people like that in your life.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:20 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Just stop communication. If you are wanting to avoid confrontation, then dont answer calls, block her number, just become a black hole to her. Hopefully she gets the hint.
    smushy79

Answer by smushy79 at 8:48 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• pick her up when u get to her spot tell her this is the last time we ever gonna be cool im just a nice person that got u cause im not a bitch like u dont call me i want nothing to do with u bye
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 8:58 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I'll tell you, I've broken ties with a few friends because I felt they were too negative and drained me. Because I don't care for confrontation I just stopped calling them, I didn't answer their calls and things just dissolved. I personally would just walk away, if she persists and wants to know what's up, that's when I would tell her. GL
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• You could at least tell her that you're not going to be her friend anymore and then stop all communication. Breaking up with a friend is hard, but necessary. I had to break up with a friend because I did not like the other people she associated with, and by relation, I didn't want any connection to them, kwim? So, I called her and told her why I couldn't be her friend anymore. It was hard. It was sad, but it was necessary.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2010