38 Weeks and cant sleep?

I went to the hospital tonight with some pain and they told me i'm in early labour. I am still in pain but sometimes when i lay down in one spot it kinda dies down yet i still can't sleep!

Waiting12

Asked by Waiting12 at 5:28 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Good practice for when the baby arrives....lol
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:30 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I think that would be why I need all the sleep i can now!
    Waiting12

Comment by Waiting12 (original poster) at 5:32 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Welcome to the end of your pregnancy that is how the last 6 weeks of mine was. I promise you momma once you are holding your baby in your arms, all the sleepless nights will be forgotten and all the pain and discomfort you are going though will also be forgotten. It will get better. I know just right now you feel like you will be like this forever and that you will never hold your baby. Trust this will not last forever have you tried to take a warm bath? Do you have lots of pillows around you? The pillows helped to a point but without them I would have never gotten an hour with out my pillows.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:34 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I couldn't sleep at the end of my pregnancy either. 2 nights before DD was born I was in horrible pain and didn't sleep at all. I think it's just something that happens toward the end.
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 5:34 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i went through that too...it sucks and i'm sorry for you...good luck with your labor!!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:23 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• hang in there! the last few weeks of pregnancy can be very hard! i hope you can get some rest
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:03 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My DD was delivered at 36 weeks, but before that, I had been having trouble sleeping since like 30 weeks!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Welcome to the begining of the END
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 5:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2010