How do you help children understand divorce they are 6 years old twins?

There father refuses to grow up at 43 .He blames ever thing on his wife ,she is depressed .The little said she never thought this would happen in her family .The little boy keep saying he wants to kill himself.My heart is breaking for my grandchildren .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Health

• There mother may want to get these children in with a professional for these children. They sound like they really need to talk to someone that isn't family and that will just listen to what they have to say. I would really llok into mentioning it to there mother or even you could get the inforamation there mother needs to sign them up. You may find one and the kids meet with the person and it's not a good match for them both or for one of them just keep at it. It will help these children in long run.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:46 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• oh im sorry these poor children have to go thru this , i hope you get them the help they need and soon!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:10 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• If a child is saying they want to kill themselves, there is a lot going on. This will take more than the "Mommy and Daddy love you, but we just don't love each other anymore" type of talk. Please find someone they can talk to.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:18 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I would suggest counseling for them...they are going to need it. Do they go to public school? In our school there is a counselor that talks to the children and they can even set them up with some outside counseling services if the parents agree.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:20 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i wiill it so very hard on the little ones.i would take them to a cousler that may help.
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 6:29 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• That is terrible. I feel so sorry for those children. If the little boy is talking about killing himself, something is definitely wrong there. Sounds like he needs to see a therapist. They should all go together and just be truthful with the kids. It will hurt them at first, but it's something they're all going to have to accept and learn to deal with. Best of luck to them!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 11:21 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• good luck my son was jsut 2 when his father and i slipt and he had no clue what was going on he would cry to the point he would throw up not waiting to go wth his daddy it sucked now my ex has not seen him since he was 2 nothign at all frm him he is a seey sob
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• keep talkin to them and dont let them shut down and try to keep a normal routine and add one on one time as much as possible.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:29 PM on Sep. 1, 2010