honeymoon

any ideas on where to go on a honeymoon. but thats not too expensive?

IvysMommy331

Asked by IvysMommy331 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Travel

• Alaska....We flew into Anchorage, rented a car and drove from town to town for a week. We spent about 2000 on the whole trip w/ 1200 of it being air fare since we're on the east coast. It was amazing...we'll never forget it.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 3:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Depends on who you are and what you like..are you the resort type or the earthy type. A great camping trip to a national park is always fun. Or a dayspa in a neighboring town...an inexpensive room and nice meals out.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Try places in Mexico. We went to Huatulco, but there are closer destinations (Puerto vallarta, etc.) that are very cheap. There are several resorts in Mexico that are way more affordable than those found in Hawaii, etc.
    Anonymous

• puerto rico it was cheap and beautiful
    lindnrenn

Answer by lindnrenn at 4:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• P.R. is expensive, in my opinion.
    I would consider doing an all-inclusive to Punta Cana or Jamaica --where do you live? PM me with your details and I can see what I can do.
    MyTravelBiz

Answer by MyTravelBiz at 11:02 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• What do you consider expensive?

We went on a cruise and it was wonderful. Something you will have to consider is if you will need passports, that can be an added expense if you don't already have them & need them.

I'd be glad to share some details of our honeymoon. Try not to scrimp (sp) too much, IMO it is very important to have a honeymoon!
    lotsofchange

Answer by lotsofchange at 11:19 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I thought you meant staying there like a land/air package --not a cruise; that's completely different. The resorts there are expensive The beaches are grogeous, but you can stay at Punta Cana or La Romona which have beautiful beaches at the fraction of the price.
    MyTravelBiz

Answer by MyTravelBiz at 8:54 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Believe it or not, Hawaii is hurting for visitors and there are some great deals that can be found. Check out http://GoHawaii.com/value where they list all the deals available. Also, at http://TravelingMamas.com we have a romantic escapes section with lots of honeymoon destinations.

It really all depends on where you live and what type of budget you have for your honeymoon.

CajunMama2

Answer by CajunMama2 at 9:31 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• We went to Aruba on our honeymoon. I don't know what you are looking for or want to do, but here are some reasons we had a great time:
    1. It is out of the hurricane belt. You can go any time of year and the weather is exactly the same, with no rain, and no hurricanes. There is a constant breeze, so you rarely get sweaty.
    2. Adventure. If you are interested in horseback riding, snorkeling, windsurfing, etc. Aruba is the place. The all-inclusives will book stuff for you and pick you up in a little bus and take you there. No need for a car.
    3. If you just want to sit on your butt and relax, its great, too.
    4. We stayed at Tamarjin Resort. ALL of their rooms have either a balcony or patio door that leads directly to the beach. Food is awesome, staff is so friendly and helpful, rooms are nice, bars are plenty. They tell you not to tip!!!!

That's just a few reasons. I'd be happy to tell you more if you PM me.
    MrsT6102

Answer by MrsT6102 at 12:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2008