How would you feel honestly if you found out everything you were taught religiously was wrong or way off?

not just Christians, I mean everyone, even non-believers.
personally I feel traditional religions have it all wrong and what happens, if anything, is something beyond our comprehension.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 6:36 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Religious Debate

• i would be confused and a lil upset and i would seek the truth
    Traycibaby

Answer by Traycibaby at 6:37 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I wouldn't care. There are reasons I believe the way I do and if I was proven wrong, then oh well. I would accept it and go from there.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:47 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I would shurg, & find someone to ask them what the hell is the point of life then.... What else could we do?????? Honestly, what could we. The only way people are going to find out if their god (goddess) is real or not is to die & once you die what can you do about finding out if they are real or not?
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 7:20 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• really nothing you could do about it
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:37 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Religion is man based. Spirituality is God based.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 6:51 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Personally, I would feel really stupid because all I had to do was look inside the Bible to learn what God teaches instead of blindly trusting a man to teach me.
    missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 7:13 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• How would you feel if YOU were way off?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:32 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• MaryWolfe... still see NO difference. It's STILL belief in god whether you follow a set of rules people think is from God or if you follow what you think he personally telling you to follow. You may view organized religion as bad and therefore think following what the holy spirit is telling you as better, but someone may see it the other way. Simply beleiving one way doesn't make it true for all- it makes it true for YOU only.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:01 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• ihartu, there IS a difference, but apparently you are under "religion". What I believe in is the Truth, whether you believe it or not. Argue with me? Sorry, but I won't waste my time with someone who has so little knowledge of the truth. There is a HUGE difference between religion (no matter what religion is there...christianity, wiccan, agnostic, whatever) and God's Holy Spirit. It is people like YOU who have no clue. Those that follow "religion" are NOT frowned upon by my Beloved...but once they understand Truth and continue on with the lies they are following, then they are the ones who are in error. Does not matter what YOU believe in. If you are a "christian", then you are not following the Truth apparently.

Does not matter what YOU say from here on out. This is END of conversation.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 8:07 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Oh, missionarywifey, don't worry, sometimes you have to contend with attacks from "you know who" using other people to belittle your beliefs. The Bible contains the Truth if only people would seek it for themselves. ;)
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 8:09 AM on Aug. 26, 2010