What if you found out for a fact there was no God after all?

that it was somehow proven without any doubt
just a what if?

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 6:37 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, then, I guess we would all have to depend on ourselves and on our brains and we would have to lean on ourselves and blame ourselves or coincidence or fate for the bad things that happen. Oh wait.....that's what I already do! How about that!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:06 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• It is better to believe and be wrong. Than to not believe and be wrong.

Believe in which God?? Wouldn't he know if you are believing just in case?? what if you believe in God and there is one just not the one you believed in?? Doesn't that put you at risk as well?? Why not just be atheist?? If there is a God and he is as loving as the Christians say he is, he wouldn't send you to Hell for reasonable doubt in his existence. Furthermore if he would, is that the kind of God you want to spend eternity with?? Not me. But it doesn't mater either way because none of us are going to be able to come back and do an In Your Face dance for the other group anyway. I'll take my chances with reasonable doubt.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:49 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I'll give the same answer I gave to a similar question :
    Honestly, my faith isn't something that makes me live my life any differently than I would want to even if there were no God/religion. I believe strongly in living with love and compassion for others, and whether or not what I believe in terms of God or religion is true I would still believe in the importance of living such a life. My belief in God is just one small part of what I believe about life and the world, and those other facets of my belief don't hinge on whether or not God exists, they can stand on their own. My faith compliments my life, it doesn't determine it.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Nothing would change for me.

I do believe in something higher than myself but I also believe in the unity of everything so Id just go on living my life as is. Id be grateful for all I have and all I see and Id do my best to keep being a good person to my family and those around me.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:18 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I would still have my Goddess...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:52 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Honestly? It wouldn't bother me. I have been questioning if there is a God for so long and have finally come to a decision. My whole life doesn't revolve around religion, so it honestly wouldn't bother me. I mean, if it does turn out that there isn't a God afterall, what can I do about it? Nothing.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 11:14 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I might actually be able to have more of a relationship with my mom if she found out there was in fact NO God. She could finally quit praying for me and her husband would be able to have a conversation with me that didn't include how I need to go to church to be told how to have morals...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• that would suck...but nothing you really could do about it...i wouldn't be bitter or anything
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:39 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i guess i would have to multiply myself by a million so i could give a shoulder to cry on for all the christians
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:58 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• It wouldnt bother me. Its not like my whole life is based around god.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:18 AM on Aug. 26, 2010