Do you enjoy sex?

I've always had this problem. I don't enjoy sex. At first it was like pulling teeth to get me to have sex w/my hubby but now i do it just to make him happy. Have you gone through this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• I read one time that great sex is up to 90% mental. I love that part. I love fantasizing. I love talking about sex. I love planning sexual scenarios that may never manifest. I like the thought of naked playtime...even though if I get playtime I never get naked anymore! My body isn't what it used to be so I keep her covered but with easy access to important stuff! Maybe you want to be romanced and wooed like in the olden days. Maybe something simple like that is missing. I met a guy two years ago that made my pulse race and my heart pound and I finally learned the meaning of true passion and I'm 55! So with him, yes I love sex. He makes it exciting. He makes me feel desired. Maybe you can have playtime with h and tell him what you need him to do to make it fun. I can't have sex unless it's fun. Boring, routine sex sucks.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I'm the same way, and I've posted about this before and know we aren't alone. I've found a little wine makes it more tolerable. Good luck.
    Trishintraining

Answer by Trishintraining at 5:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Sex shouldn't have to be "tolerable". You should speak to your doctor about your sex drive. Perhaps there is something going on mentally or physically? Have you talked to hubby about it? Have you tried masturbation? You need to know what you like and tell your SO what you like so they can please you. You should enjoy sex. I had no sex drive after having our son and dealing with PPD, but I'm better now and the sex is better than ever! Good luck
    elwalters77

Answer by elwalters77 at 9:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I to have this problem, I sort of stumbled across a website for Hypoactive Sexual Dysfuntion Disorder. It totally described me. Unfortunatly there is nothing to be done for it.I wish I could give you more hope. My husband tries to be understanding but it is frustrating so I fake it alot.
    Anonymous

• i need more info. for instance, is he taking his time or is he all about the destination? could be the problem is you guys need to slow down. just a thought.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• well, i'm not big on foreplay. it just makes me uncomfortable. i guess since i don't enjoy it that much i would rather get it over with, because faking it gets old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jul. 1, 2008