"Baby On Board!"

i just got a baby on board sign thing you put in your car window... do you think its stupid to put it up already?? im still pregnant but TECHNICALLY.. there IS a baby on board.. LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I got one to and still don't know whether to wait or put it up yet either. :)
    Zoeybug

Answer by Zoeybug at 3:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I think thats actually pretty cute to -already- put it on there. Because, yes, you are right, there actually is a baby on board :) Hehe.

I wish I would have thought about it, when I was pregnant. sweet :D
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:01 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My son is an EMT/Firefighter he has told me in the past when they see those signs on a vehicle in the case of an accident they search the entire vehicle for the child. He suggests to keep it in your glove box and as soon as you get the baby in the carseat at the hospital THEN put it up.

You (and everyone)should be carrying info in your wallet/purse/fannypack at all times that states and emergency contacts name and number. Also the name and number of any physician whose care you are under. Last summer they had a 22 yr old woman that went unidentified for 4 days because it was a school break she was in college in another town visiting here and no one could find contact info on her. Her address on her DL was an old, out of date address. She was in a coma and could give no info herself.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i want to put one up already too! lol
    4 months till my boy comes but i still
    want it their for the same reason that their
    actually is a baby on board :)
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 4:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i dont think its stupid -
    i dont have one anymore but with baby #1 i did and my DH was rear-ended by a teen and the cop that arived at the scene was like "is the baby ok" and my DH said "well she is at home with mom so i hope so"
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 4:39 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I did but I heard that it is an easy sign for those ppl who like kidnapping babies! There for mine is down && thrown away!
    Kristine1107

Answer by Kristine1107 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i think its cute to have things like that but you have to be careful about advertising babies there are a lot of crazy people in this world. its bad that i have thought this bc you'd think you could trust people but you really cant and its sad
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 5:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i got one and i'm waiting until the baby is here because i can just hear stupid people going "theres no baby in there u shouldnt have that up in ur car!" i dont know for sure if i am gonna put it up at all because i've heard a lot of rude people saying "what, i'm supposed to drive all nice around u cuz u have a stupid kid? just get out of my way and take down that stupid sign" i know its rude and people should drive cautiously around a car with kids in it, but i dont want to get a hard time from people
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:04 AM on Oct. 10, 2008