How can I get DH to stop the Harry Potter Madness?

DH always has Harry Potter going. We have discussed it but it still happens. I swear he would be a person waiting in line to see Harry Potter 18 if they had it.

TexasWife

Asked by TexasWife at 7:24 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sorry, can't help you... I would be standing in line right there with him! lol Granted, I don't watch it as much as I use to, but sometimes if I just want a movie playing in the background, that is what I usually choose.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:29 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Why take way something he obviously enjoys? Don't you want him to be happy?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:30 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I do but I mean it is constant. He even has it turned on while he is sleeping. If I turn it off he wakes up. Talk about obsessed. When I talked to him I told him I need at least an hour break from it. lol
    TexasWife

Comment by TexasWife (original poster) at 7:32 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Is it for background noise, or because he enjoys it so much? Perhaps try introducing the Percy Jackson series. How old is your son? My son likes movies for the music, and will watch the jungle book for days on end without getting bored. I usually just switch them out when I can't handle listening to it anymore, and he'll listen to whatever I put in. But he's only two. Keep talking to him, and don't pressure him to stop too much if he really enjoys it. It's better than drugs or violence.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 7:33 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My kids and hubby were getting sick of me watching it too. lol Although I wasn't as bad as your hubby, he is really obsessed! lol
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:34 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• You could get him a cd player with headphones, so he could listen to it on his own. Good luck!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 7:34 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I am a little perplexed at an adult being so obsessed. I like HP a lot and happily watch the movies whenever they are on, and I have the books and the audio books, but I'm not obsessed. I think I'd mention my concern to him, that he is going overboard, and ask him to let it go for a week. Say a week on and a week off. On his weeks off, see if he'll find some other books to read or movies to see.

Answer by Bmat at 7:39 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Woah...totally misread that...thought you were talking about your son, not your hubby. I agree with Bmat. Good luck!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 7:41 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• break his damn knee caps and tell him you have had enough and do not want to see or hear more about it.
    breezy2005

Answer by breezy2005 at 3:54 PM on Aug. 26, 2010