How do you get your child back on his sleep scheduale?

DS has officially gone against everything. He was perfectly fine but now it is a huge fight to get him to sleep. We have tried the Supernanny method and it worked but now NOTHING!!

TexasWife

Asked by TexasWife at 7:26 AM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just stick to your guns!
    JEM86

Answer by JEM86 at 7:32 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Keep doing it. It will eventually work. Find whatever method you are going to use and stick with it. He will get the picture and finally comply.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:46 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• you have to keep on it. Don't let her/ him get out of that room. Stand by the door.. ( if it stays shut for bedtime) so if they get up you can quickly stop them from opening the door. IT took us 1 night to get my son back into the routine. Just stick to it. Don't give up ! I promice
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 11:53 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Is he still taking naps? On days my son naps, even the tiniest amount like 30 minutes we have to battle at bedtime -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Do you need to alter his sleep schedule? Maybe he's transitioning to fewer naps (if he's still taking 2 naps). I had the same problem for a while. DS used to fall right asleep, but around when he started walking he also started fighting sleep A LOT more. I changed the routine/method and accepted that it would take a long time... then he just started absolutely refusing his naps (I call it quits after 1.5 hours) and being really really tired all day. Turns out he still needs 2 naps a day, but he's now taking them a few hours later than he used to (and going to bed later... which is a good thing for us since "later" now means 7:30pm). I suspect that it won't be that long until my son only needs one mid-day nap. Maybe your son's sleep needs are now changing? Try putting him down an hour later, or whenever he would normally end up falling asleep (even if he is giving signs that he's tired long before then). Good luck
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 7:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• just stick to your guns if you change things then he's going to change too to where he will not do anything you ask him to do in the future got to stick with the one thing that has worked even if it's not working right now keep on it he will see that he isn't the boss in the house.
    momof5monsters

Answer by momof5monsters at 10:55 AM on Aug. 27, 2010